Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surf Hunter

Spot Burn Policy, Read Before You Post:

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Read Before You Post:

I wanted to post these guidelines because here in the West Coast Forum, perhaps more so than anywhere else, access to our shoreline is extremely limited. We all know of popular spots that become almost unfishable because of overcrowding and other problems associated with large crowds of people rushing a spot.

With out getting on a soap box you only have to look at how the access on the Delta levees has shrunk and been greatly limited because of overcrowding and trashing of public and private property. I don't like it either, but what would you do if you were the land owner? Think before you post!

While there's nothing wrong with sharing these places with friends, posting them on a public forum which can be viewed by anyone is an invitation for crowding, littering and even poaching of our ever dwindling striped bass stocks.

Since I do not know every spot name on the West Coast, if you see a post that you feel is spot burning, please click the "report post" icon under the posters name, I will get an email notification and will edit the post.

Please read, or re-read, the following excerpt from the Guidelines and Help section and keep in mind how important and threatened our shore access is when you post in this forum.

Thanks,

Surf Hunter

(This from TimS in the Guidelines and Help section linked above)

At StripersOnline, we have always put more emphasis on helping people learn how to fish, not sending them to specific fishing spots. Someone that knows how to fish will be armed with the skills it takes to find and figure out an unlimited number of locations and conditions. The internet is a huge place, these forums see tens of thousands of visitors every day, we have watched places become unecessarily overcrowded through the years resulting in litter, noise, parking problems, poaching, and eventually, closure.

As such, we encourage fishing reports and discussions about general locations only. We do not allow very specific locations to be posted on these forums. Instead of posting about a specific street or town, use a more general description of the area. For example, instead of saying you caught fish at Anystreet Avenue, just say you caught them in northern Anycounty. Instead of saying Anystreet Bridge, say Anywhere River area. There's nothing good that can come from being too specific, but by being general in your discussions, you can share the important parts of your report - the tackle, lures, bait, conditions, tide, moon phase, etc.__________________

Dont ever fish on Anystreet Bridge !   351.01 POLICE MAY REMOVE UNATTENDED VEHICLE WHICH OBSTRUCTS TRAFFIC

Whenever any police officer finds a vehicle unattended upon anystreet, bridge or causeway, or in any tunnel, where such vehicle constitutes an obstruction to traffic, such officer may provide for the removal of such vehicle to the nearest garage or other place of safety. (ORC 4511.67)

1 hour ago, norcalkat said:

Lately I think this needs to be re-read 

"if you see a post that you feel is spot burning, please click the "report post" icon under the posters name, I will get an email notification and will edit the post."

Do your duty Orlando.........Rat them out

4 hours ago, Hook I said:

Hey Surf Hunter there are about 99 pages of post , I would think people here would appreciate if the mod would clean up those spots :howdy:

as Moocks said:

"if you see a post that you feel is spot burning, please click the "report post" icon under the posters name, I will get an email notification and will edit the post."

:th:

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:14 PM, Fishscales13 said:

Too bad we can't report YouTubers out there....

when the YT video titles are as obvious as "fishing ______ beach" on youtube-- Its not the SOL lurking crowd I fear.

There are some long island spots that turned from the LL Bean Crowd to Harlem in the course of two seasons.

1 hour ago, moocks said:

Tom's like a cop in a doughnut shop. As long as no one reports a crime he's going to ignore them. Lol

Speaking of donuts.. :wave: