eurojett05

Show us your Mike Fixter works of art...

2,846 posts in this topic

Pretty sure i picked this one up at the asbury show many years ago, when he was next to gary and lefty and neither one of them had anything left.  I was never a wait in line kind of guy and grabbed this cause it was soo nice i still cant bring myself to fish it.  No signature and no lip engraving i dont know if thats a +or- 

20200914_154958.jpg

Edited by gobigblue

23 hours ago, gobigblue said:

Pretty sure i picked this one up at the asbury show many years ago, when he was next to gary and lefty and neither one of them had anything left.  I was never a wait in line kind of guy and grabbed this cause it was soo nice i still cant bring myself to fish it.  No signature and no lip engraving i dont know if thats a +or- 

20200914_154958.jpg

Signature is not important. It's a beautiful Fixter Mike doesn't do a lot of glitter but this one gets set off by that little touch.

57 mins ago, MorningWood said:

Signature is not important. It's a beautiful Fixter Mike doesn't do a lot of glitter but this one gets set off by that little touch.

yea i went through pages and pages of lures and surprised i didnt see more nighttime style blurple/black type stuff.  and not many glitters either like you said my curiousity got me wondering if he had some story behind this one because it seemed fairly unique.

4 hours ago, gobigblue said:

yea i went through pages and pages of lures and surprised i didnt see more nighttime style blurple/black type stuff.  and not many glitters either like you said my curiousity got me wondering if he had some story behind this one because it seemed fairly unique.

The closest ones I have are

P1020994.JPG

P1070543.JPG

P1120411.JPG

P1120418.JPG

On 9/15/2020 at 3:18 PM, BassAssasin said:

Hey MW, this one has glitter:laugh:

WP_20190504_10_27_10_Pro.jpg

Wow! Love the old map pins! Glitter and scaled!... And, only a few I’ve seen with blue grommets. Sweet!

That's from the 70's I believe. I posted it when I first acquired it about 1.5 years ago and Fixter saw it, said it was really old but didn't give a specific age. It has never been fished.

Since we’re on the subject of old. I asked Mike about the engraving on the lip and he said it was someone’s initials he made it for and the number was for that color paint. Mid to late 70s

A7E1EEE7-0E05-4D64-A0CA-3D015E7C5477.jpeg.872c82b9f08b767507a8907343aaf8e2.jpeg04E5DE82-0755-4447-B8A8-C8CA01B1EDC4.jpeg.7fb3ba99a0dad1b51f6addb138e6b669.jpeg