Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarterMan

Mustad 8/0 long-shanked O'Shaughnessy

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where I can get 'em?? I tried my usual local tackle shops (Nassau County NY) and came up dry, and I didn't see them in the online store... confused.gif

Thanks for any hints or pointers on this.

DarterMan

Funny thing, I got a few boxes of them about 2 months ago with every intention of putting them in the online store smile.gif I even broke them down into packs of 10 for the Slug-Go riggin' folks smile.gif

I even assigned them a catalog number redface.gif The only thing I hadn't done as of yet was add them to the catalog...which I'll do right now - I'll add them to the Slug-Go page...which is where folks are generally looking for them anyway smile.gif

TimS

Ditch Digger: Thanks for the local source HappyWave.gif

TimS: Wow, you move FAST! Thanks for putting them up on your catalog so quickly. I just tossed two packs of 10 in my "shopping cart". Yes, I'm one of those 9" Slug-Go riggin' folk too wink.gif ...

Thanks again!

DarterMan

I saw a neat trick recently for rigging rubber baits like a 9" sluggo. Take small piece of heavy mono like 50 or 60 lb and melt one end into a little bb sized ball. Thread the rubber bait onto the hook and just up over the hook eye. Insert the mono piece through the head of the bait so it passes through the eye of the hook. Melt the other side of the mono so it form a little ball on the other side.

I haven't tried it yet but I will.

kml- how do you tie it on if the eye is covered?

My local place was out of 8/0's too. Got some 9/0, but a bit big. Must be a lot of sluggo riggers out there.