Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaulG

former lurker

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Hello SOLers. I would be long-time lurker PaulG AKA "PG" "G" and sometimes "Magoo"(poor night vision). I am a fishaholic of over 30 yrs. w/past pursuits weighted toward fresh water from ice fishing and leadcore trolling to livelining perch of my mother-in-law's dock;JackNCoke in cup holder. I know the latter has to stop and vow to make o positive impact here when I can.

I do a few Cod trips a year and @ least one Nantucket fly in. Locally(Boston area)I mostly harrass schoolies w/red gill water bubble rigs and small white jigs/grubs. Two weeks ago I caught my first Canal keeper on a TimS 3oz SB @ The Aquarium and I now have Striper Fever. Thanks Tim and not to worry as my Magoo-gan Canal tackle(4500 Baitrunner spooled w/30lb PowerPro on an ABCorD-glass 8' Berkley rod)was probably working the smaller keepers in close, I was more right than left and I quickly changed back to the SPRO. What do you think? Was I there? I think that setup will handle a 25 lber. Am I mad?

Seriously, I hope you'll excuse my exuberance but I wanted to introduce myself as best I could before Friday as I am hoping someone will want to adopt a Magoogan @ the Ditch fling. I can hold my own w/the smallish keepers but what's a large? Can I still register?

Welcome aboard, PaulG. I tried Ice Fishing a few times. Freezing my tushy off on Lk. Hopatcong in NJ just to retrive a Tip-up caught Pickerel was nobody's idea of fun. But, the vast amount of Hot Rum on hand helped to put a damper on the cold... wink.gif

Welcome to non-lurker status..

welcome aboard PaulG.....nothin' Magoo-gan about the 4500 pal wink.gifmight be a bit heavy on the 8'er though biggrin.gif I'm sure you can still register for the Ditch Fling. I wish I could go but prior commitments are keepin' me at home port....

Ahhh yes... One less lurker! This is great! Welcome PaulG! From the looks of it... you fish hard and ya know your stuff. Enjoy, fish hard and it does a world of good to share a few. wink.gif

"Crazy" Alberto

Greetings PaulG and welcome outta the shadows wink.gif

You said:

I caught my first Canal keeper on a TimS 3oz SB @ The Aquarium

So, who's got the loose lips or who do you know!?!? cwm13.gifwink.gifcwm13.gif

Welcome aboard, always nice to meet former lurkers smile.gif And yes, you can still register for the Ditch Fling!

TimS

Thanks for the welcome everybody. I'll register. We're all equals in the eyes of God and I should not be envious of anybody but "CRAZY" ALBERTO ...My boss wants to see me after work and my family is away. The worst

case senario is I am w/out computer to register & have to open the aquarium early for Tim. Seriously I have no clue and look forward to meeting some of you @ the Ditch.-pg