Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oneofour

Nj Fresh Water Friendly B

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I am in Middletown and I don't know of any bait shops in the area that sell shiners or fatheads. The only bait I can find in this area for freshwater is worms. Does anyone know of a relatively close bait shop that sells shiners?

how about a place that sells killies ? If I cant find a close shop to get shiners killies could probably work well. I know some shops dont get them until fluke season but maybe someone has them now?

yea thank you, T & A doesn't have any shiners or anything, they are more saltwater concentrated despite what they advertise. From what I gather no one really has any killies at this time either.

how bout goldfish lol they might work just as good seeing as how bass and pickeral and big trout will eat any fish small enough to fit in there mouths who knows you might start a trend for the freshwater guys

its tempting but using goldfish is illegal in New Jersey, god forbid they are released into a pond, they may take up residence there. I was wondering if a pet store would carry fatheads though...if they do I would guess they would have a different name.

I completely forgot about that place, I dated a girl from monroe and I took her there a few times, that is probably my best bet, thank you!

View PostI am in Middletown and I don't know of any bait shops in the area that sell shiners or fatheads. The only bait I can find in this area for freshwater is worms. Does anyone know of a relatively close bait shop that sells shiners?

Buy Bulk up here in north jersey, Fat heads will survive a Nuclear fallout

yea I just kept some fatheads alive all of yesterday and some of today and I was pretty impressed at how well they survived with an aerator. I just would have liked something a little bigger to get those browns out. I am not really worried about bait anymore as I am hooked on artificials lately.

Auto Parts and Sporting Goods of Woodbridge. Main street across from CVS. He had plenty of fatheads the other day. Call and ask for Andy or Rob 732-634-6264