Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnySI

More Nautil 6500 WOES

Rate this topic

85 posts in this topic

Tim it could be just me

Yup, it's just you Johnny - how many more posts do you think I should make in this thread about why the bail won't close before I can throw in a jab at Erik? wink.gif

I don't think the bail thing is abnormal or defective - I think that's just the way it is. But I went over that in great detail already, complete with my guesses as to why it happenssmile.gif

Bottom line is this - if someone believes their reel is defective, Pure Fishing has been replacing them - and Bob has been examining each one of them to see what's wrong. I imagine he's not in the office yesterday or today because I've not heard back from him on an email I sent Sunday - but the guy's allowed a couple days off here and there wink.gif

Erik - the biggest fish of your life and you didn't even tape it out? cwm24.gif Silly boy...now you'll never even have an idea what it weighed! You guys do need my help out there, it's painfully obvious...what time should I be there? wink.gif

TimS

You bring up an excellant point Ditch. I've know a fair number of anglers who used the 6500 and stripped the gears----4 instances come to mind.

In all cases the anglers were targeting fish in the 20+ lbs. catagory on 30+ lb. braided line.

Joe G

Bob H from Pure Fishing IS in town and on the case. I received an e mail from him today about sending my Nautil in for replacement. I have read about the service he has been giving and now I can say I have experienced it in person. Absolutely great personal service. Thanks Tim and Bob.

Erik T says its more than 33#'s,however since the scale wasn't present I don't believe him.. rolleyes.gif

The fish that Rich so kindly posted of me holding a twinkie is probably 17-20#"s thanks for embarrasing me Rich,next time you come out with us I'll be sure to photo you with a cocktail blue. biggrin.gif

I'm sure glad my 30 was weighed.

------------------

KDOGG

"dunking the chunks"

sol number 412

7500gv Pro (black one) this reel cast beautiful,braid friendly..I have serious issues with the mouse trap style hit the post bail..I.ve always put the roller bearing up top to pick up the line,but when you do this the bail trip is hard against the post, so its locked up !! so you snap the thing closed with your hand and it makes this sound like something is breaking...I've even got use to the goofy handle. I'm not happy with it !!cwm14.gifcwm23.gifcwm23.gifupck.gif

I currently owned a 6500 for 1 year. I have dunked it numerous times. Just rinse it and lube bail and rooler. The thing with the bail not flipping over when turning the handle is the internal cam ramp needs to be relube with waterproof lube. You remove the side plate on the side of the bail roller, look inside ,take a q-tip put lube on it and lube up the ramp good reassemble and turn handle to work in the lube. You should feel a definite difference. Hope this helps. Bill D.

pbadad, that's excellent advice icon14.gif Mine has not needed lube there...that I know of - I close the bail by hand icon15.gif But it certainly sounds reasonable.

In fact, maybe Pure Fishing needs to drop a dallop off waterproof lube on that spot before they are shipped smile.gif

TimS

Well I'm 6"1 and it's below my balls from the top of my head. Who cares anyway.. It's just fishun.. Hey she was fun.

ErikT

[This message has been edited by ErikT (edited 11-12-2002).]

Guess I know what you did with those 20 bucks worth of eels ya got sat since ya didnt make it to the fling!!

Congrats guys. Nice fish.

------------------

Robert

Well, I've decided maybe Tim is right on this one and my replacement Nautil is not defective. I've lubed it up per suggestions here and will give it a go for a while. The attenuated bail opening range still strikes me as an oddity that perhaps the Nautil people should make consumers are of; it's certainly a first in my fishing experience.

I'll be sure to photo you with a cocktail blue. biggrin.gif

If there's one cocktail caught, you can be sure it was mine. icon15.gif

[This message has been edited by richs (edited 11-14-2002).]