Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stewie

Ande line colors

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I've always used Ande pink. Are there differences in the other colors, besides the color? confused.gif Thinkin' maybe the flourescent green might be more visible for bait fishing.

According to Ande's site, black is now only available in 400 yard spools. I still have a 1000 yarder of 12, which is the test I always used it in in the past.

Even then (late 80's-early 90's) it wasn't something I commonly saw in tackle shops and whenever I did, I bought some. An uncle, a surf zenmaster, turned us onto it. I think it caught his attention, who knows when, because of the suppleness I mentioned. He always tied the most perfect knots.

-Short version of a funny story about that, his predilection for black Ande and his textbook knots helped us (on scuba) nail down his "secret" spot. biggrin.gif

I agree with reelfixer but would stick with the pink because supposedly it dissappears first in the water because it's the lightest shade of red which has the shortest wave length. I have heard that after a couple feet down the line is just as invisible as fluorocarbon.

I'm finding a "gunmetal gray" is this the black you mentioned?

Nope. Black is actual black.

http://www.andemonofilament.com/aboutande.htm

"Our Premium is our production monofilament for the vast majority of anglers. It is the same quality as our Tournament line. It is a medium soft monofilament with excellent tensile and knot strength and is very abrasion resistant. Premium comes in Clear, Pink, Dark Green, Gun Metal, Hi-Vis, Green Envy and Back Country Slate Blue, in tests from 2 to 400 lbs. Also available in both 50 yd. and 100 yd. leader coils in heavy tests from 30 to 400. Also available are 400 yd. coils of Black mono."

Like I say, if it was ever common, I didn't see it. When we found a shop that had some it was like, SCORE!!! I switched over to the Tournament both for its guaranteed rating and simple availablity.

Longshot,

If you find getting black mono a problem, I have read that you can dye almost any Nylon mono with a solution of RIT dye. I know of one fella who dyed some mono black, and it worked well.

Good luck,

SS