Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobby

Familiar with J&H tackle outlet?

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

I have been meaning to get to this place for a month and I'm glad I finally did. What a selection! I'm sure allot of you are familiar but for those that aren't it's off Sunrise Highway at exit 47 Pond Rd. Go all the way down the service rd. and you will see it on your right at the end. It's in a tiny mall.

The BIG guy sometimes has a nasty mouth when kids are around.

That never bothered me. I figured that the kids were getting a lesson in reality! Not everyone talks like a disciple!

Lesson in reality? mad.gif

You talk nasty in front of my 7 and 5 year old and I will be in your face quicker than you can blink.

When children are present you don't talk certain ways.

EVER!

I've had nothing but good experiences in J&H

I know ALL those bad words. My friends and I have been known to wear them out sometimes. Around women and kids I like to give them some respect. I ride the train a lot and the language I hear from people really upsets me. If it's OK with you, so be it. I don't like it and I don't do it.

Yeah, the LARGE one gets a little out og hand. I think he needs some sensitivity training or something. Other than that, J&H has always been good for me. I've been going there since they were up in Deer Park.....it's a 45 mile ride for me, but most of the time it's worth the trip icon14.gif

I spend a lot of time (and money wink.gif ) in J&H. The place is great, and I've never heard Shep (a.k.a. "the big one") talk rudely in front of children or ladies. Quite the contrary, he is always very friendly and polite to my girlfriend when she's in there with me, or without me. There is no disputing he is opinionated and he'll share his opinions if you want to hear them or not, but usually that is for the better. He'll tell you if something is junk or not straight out. The two younger guys there, Craig and Neil, are very helpful and knowledgable as well. From freshwater flyfishing, to surf to offshore, Craig has a pretty good working knowledge of it all, and he's up on what's happening around the island. I'd also have to say it's probably the best stocked shop, with some of the best prices, on the Island too.

Chris

You talk nasty in front of my 7 and 5 year old and I will be in your face quicker than you can blink.

EVER!

You made a statement and so did I! I don't talk nasty in front of kids! I said it didn't bother me, not that it shouldn't bother you! If you do jump in my face get ready to have your nose bitten off, internet tough guy! You see, no one said they were going to get nasty in front of your kids. That is just life! People talk that way and if you bring your kids up properly, they will just chalk it up to a jerk talking stupid crap!

Interesting stuff. Have gone to J&H before they had 3 locations (Deer Park, Oakdale, Garden City), have known Shep since before J&H (when he was a mate on the Peconic Star). I've probably been in J&H over 100 times. Never once have I heard him use any "bad" language" in front of any women or kids.

EVER!

You made a statement and so did I! I don't talk nasty in front of kids! I said it didn't bother me, not that it shouldn't bother you! If you do jump in my face get ready to have your nose bitten off, internet tough guy! You see, no one said they were going to get nasty in front of your kids. That is just life! People talk that way and if you bring your kids up properly, they will just chalk it up to a jerk talking stupid crap!

Bobby,thumbs up to you.

that was well said and the truth,a child can hear their own parents swear and know not to to so.

still I would not speak bad words in front of a child,I would speak the same as their parent does or better.

give the kid some kind of credit too

not a big deal. wink.gif

EVER!

Bobby,thumbs up to you.

that was well said and the truth,a child can hear their own parents swear and know not to to so.

still I would not speak bad words in front of a child,I would speak the same as their parent does or better.

give the kid some kind of credit too

not a big deal. wink.gif

One can control what one does! I can't be fighting everyone that curses in front of my kids! They are 20, 17, and 15 now and know all those interesting words. If there was a guy getting really crazy with vulgarity I would let him know that there are kids around and please consider them. But I'm not gonna' "jump in someones face"! There is always someone bigger and badder than you!