Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

About the "Man's Best Friend" thread....

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Sorry, the first page of the thread disappeared. The other two pages are still intact, I'm trying to figure out how to rebuilt or fake the first page so the remaining two pages are available.

Apparently, as I was editing a most embarassing post by IMwolfen, JohnM was attemtping to lock the thread. As a result, the first page, the one I was editing, just vanished - and with it, the link to the other two pages cwm24.gif

IMwolfen, your post was completely out of line. Please re-read the User Agreement, especially the portion about being respectful to others. Consider this your warning, you have no right to tell folks of differing nationalities to "go home" simply because you don't agree with their post. You're entitled to your opinion as long as it is presented in a manner that is respectful and not disruptive. Your opinion is no more right/wrong than anyone else's. Your post was just plain mean, I'll thank you for not posting crap like that in the future.

JohnM, please don't lock a thread simply because the originator asks you to. Use your own judgment, email me if yer stumped wink.gif Starting a post doesn't give anyone the right to determine whether or not it gets locked or deleted. Posts don't always go the way someone intended them to go, but that doesn't make the lessons learned from that post any less valuable smile.gif

TimS

I tried to lock it.....I wont even bother anymore, I get in trouble every time I touch anything frown.gif BTW I did read it and thought it was in POOR taste.......

Guys dont email me askin to close threads ok?

[This message has been edited by John M (edited 02-05-2002).]

John, buddy, I wasn't comin' down on ya! If you said you tried to lock it cause you thought it needed lockin', that's one thing, I trust your judgment smile.gif But when ya said ya locked it cause you were asked, that's another thingwink.gif I was just clearing up something we hadn't discussed before - what to do if someone asks you to lock a thread. Yah read it, if you think it needs locking, lock it smile.gif

I was still trying to read it, edited the first offensive post I found in the thread, and then the thread disappeared and I couldn't finish reading it cwm24.gif

I'm not comin' down on yah John, sorry if it came across that way, I was just tryin' to clear up something we ain't never talked about before HappyWave.gif

TimS

Why am I not surprised? rolleyes.gif Hello, is this thing on? Did someone mention soap? cwm27.gif

------------------

"Ya can't fish anymore if you're dead." - Arby

Berkeley Striper Club...Seaside Park, NJ

fishguy.gif

"Is it Spring yet?"

[This message has been edited by Arby (edited 02-05-2002).]

Well, guys I did not comment on it because I found it a little offensive. I've got three dogs (2) Jack Russels and (1) 1/2 dobie 1/2 rottie and you've got (3) seconds to get to the fence. These (3) are like my kids to me and probably nuff' said. I felt a little disheartened reading that thread.

Naw, I'm the fergive and ferget type icon15.gificon15.gif

But thanks fer reminding me wink.gif I'm gonna sneak one of them 'splodin thingies in John's ceegar icon25.gifwink.gif

TimS