Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dan S

Fishing in Savannah, Ga

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know much about fishing the Savannah area? I have a remote possibility I could get a job there, and was wondering if I could still do some decent striper fishing. I know Lake Lanier is a trophy striper lake, but it is 4 hours from Savannah. Freshwater? Inshore?

SWS did a tv show from there last year. It looks like the Savanah river has some great redfish and striper fishing. Maybe if you do some searches in ESPN.com or saltwatersportman.com there will be some info. Good luck.

I have friends down there. A bunch of us got together in Hilton Head for our fantasy football draft. As part of the festivities we went out on one of the guys boat. I had asked about Stripers and he said that they catch plenty of them. I showed up with my heavy striper boat rig with the big ol Smiling Bill / 10" purple worm combo (heart.gif it off a boat).

They nearly laughed me off the dock "whaddya fihin fer son, whales ???" Seems they don't get too big down there. I guess it's a lot like fishing Jersey nowadays.

------------------

"If you liked your job as much as you like fishing, we'd be millionaires." - My Wife

Dan

I think bassnblues is referring to a George Poveromo show fishing the Savannah River.

Guide: Capt. Greg Davis 912-355-3271

Rod: 7' Penn Power Graph, MH action

Reel: Penn 965 w/12# test Seaguar Carbon Pro

Marina: Bull Run 912-897-7300

Lodging: Savannah Desoto Hilton 800-426-8443

Fish: Redfish, mainly. Bass and trout.

Good show, sorry I didn't tape it.

Tony