eurojett05

Show us your RM Smith works of art....

2,178 posts in this topic

RM Smith was wonderful enough to sponsor the YED Jrs in their Flotsam Raffle at Salem...

these are some custom lures he made for us

IMG_3328.JPG

IMG_3312.JPG

IMG_3311.JPG

IMG_3324.JPG

Edited by kinghong1970

Used to be a big collector of ryans stuff back when it was impossible to get scaled plugs from the online store or from the wts forum. Only way you could was if you went to one of the big shows down in jersey, which I did. My question to all of the rm smith collectors out there is did he or didn't he make a golden trout danny plug? Not a jointed one but a straight bodied danny plug. I always thought he did but I went thru the thread last night around the time he made them and not one post of a straight bodied danny. Thoughts?

Hey Matt!  To my knowledge he did not do a straight golden trout danny.  I personally have never seen one.  Ryan doesn't remember if he made any, and if he did, maybe 1 or 2.  I read somewhere on SOL that someone said they had seen one.  I would think it would have showed by now if that unicorn existed.

31 mins ago, Lamiglasmike said:

The peanuts where always my favorite...

fullsizeoutput_1cf8.jpeg

I remember you waiting in line at Berkeley with one goal. RM peanuts!

I’m not a collector, but really like Ryan’s work. 

My meager “collection” which will be fished (trying to get a variety of styles for different conditions):

802B7F3E-DD7F-4EAB-8C29-6EF61961F899.jpeg

52 mins ago, gray gables said:

I gave my fb to Ryan after turning down a 150$ offer. 

Notice the hooks , that ones been in the rotation. 

On 2/6/2019 at 2:03 PM, gray gables said:

Used to be a big collector of ryans stuff back when it was impossible to get scaled plugs from the online store or from the wts forum. Only way you could was if you went to one of the big shows down in jersey, which I did. My question to all of the rm smith collectors out there is did he or didn't he make a golden trout danny plug? Not a jointed one but a straight bodied danny plug. I always thought he did but I went thru the thread last night around the time he made them and not one post of a straight bodied danny. Thoughts?

On 2/6/2019 at 6:36 PM, Marc H said:

Hey Matt!  To my knowledge he did not do a straight golden trout danny.  I personally have never seen one.  Ryan doesn't remember if he made any, and if he did, maybe 1 or 2.  I read somewhere on SOL that someone said they had seen one.  I would think it would have showed by now if that unicorn existed.

A straight Golden Trout Danny like this........lol

5d16c15a228bf_GoldentroutDanny.jpg.2817007ad01af301e731276b261fe6c7.jpg