Darth Baiter

RM Smith Surf Strider - discontinued by builder

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Just noticed the thread title in the Online Store. frown.gif New news or did I miss it from way back? headscratch.gif Was hoping to buy another small one and figure out how best to catch with these. Thought they were unique. To bad if that's a true statement, which I guess it is. shakehead.gif

man, i must have lucked out, I think i must have ordered the last one from there, they only had the 3 0z in parrot, so i went ahead an ordered it. Then a guy from another store tells me he has one left in the white, I had already ordered the parrot and there somewhat expensive, so i told him thanks, no thanks, but then this morning my cousin calls me (from Costa Rica) and tells me he lost the ONE surf strider I gave him when I was down there and he wanted me to order another one. I call Joe and he tells me he still has it and its the last one an its going to be discontinued, I cant believe it, then I come on here to check on my snook post and see this one, talk about LUCK.

I also really liked the 2oz strider, but not surprised by this. They are clealy not in such demand as Ryan's other lines and to a non-builder they seem more difficult to make.

Just to clear this up a little bit - I have not had the time to make more Striders since last spring. I've just been too busy keeping up with some other things. It is not that I'll never make any more - but since I knew I couldn't devote the time to them right now it didn't make sense for Tim to leave the items up but constantly out of stock. I will make more - and will probably focus on the 2oz size as that is the one people seem the most interested in. And when I do I'm sure Tim will put them back up in the store.

They are a little tricky to make - and as has been pointed out in this thread - there is also a learning curve to using them. I think there are a lot of folks that got them figured out last season as I have gotten some really nice feedback.

Hope that clears it up a little.

Ryan

View PostI will make more - and will probably focus on the 2oz size as that is the one people seem the most interested in.

They are a little tricky to make - and as has been pointed out in this thread - there is also a learning curve to using them.

I had better sucess with the 2oz. I felt them easier to control because of the smaller size.

View PostJust to clear this up a little bit - I have not had the time to make more Striders since last spring. I've just been too busy keeping up with some other things. It is not that I'll never make any more - but since I knew I couldn't devote the time to them right now it didn't make sense for Tim to leave the items up but constantly out of stock. I will make more - and will probably focus on the 2oz size as that is the one people seem the most interested in. And when I do I'm sure Tim will put them back up in the store.

They are a little tricky to make - and as has been pointed out in this thread - there is also a learning curve to using them. I think there are a lot of folks that got them figured out last season as I have gotten some really nice feedback.

Hope that clears it up a little.

Ryan

you da man!

must be nice to have so many people whining about when your gonna make more lures. wink.gif

Well here we go again the PRICE WILL GO OUT THE WINDOW.I guess that's the way it goes stop making a plug and people think they hit the Lotto well I guess thats part of life it is a shame,.