Show us most productive plug this year

Rate this topic

SurfcasterMatt

unfortunately, my most productive plug snapped off on me at the end of the season, but it was a yellow salty's sheriff pencil. took a number of big fish out of the canal with that puppy. it'll be missed, but i've bought lots of the same plug in every color to replace it!

View PostIs it like that by design? Or did you refurbish it a few times?

Lumpy has been smashed against the rocks many times. The lumpyness is cause by all my repairs to the epoxy. If I have epoxy left over I usually try to see is this plug needs repair.lol . I just toss another coat on it and walla ..Lumpy. May not be pretty but it works great. I'm afraid to refurb it now and make it look pretty again. I might destroy its mojo.

Maybe this winter I'll redo the tail on it.

fish2.jpg

fish2333.jpg

I am a far cry from a custom lure builder but this rattle can painted 4" swimmer did the trick for me the entire season. Caught many 'smalls' to 25 lbs. on this from April through December. I cried my eyes out when I snapped it off on a cast. Was rerwarded the next morning when I found it in the 'high-tide weeds'. I plan on making several more in different colors this winter.