Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ron Arra

Lamiglas XRA Signature Series

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Hello Surfcasters, I am receiving countless e mails every day...questions on what model blank to use for what surfcasting application? well I am going to tell you what each model blank was originally designed for.I hope this helps answer most of your questions. Each blank may be custom built for conventional or spin casting.Each rod has its optimum lure weight for greater distance and performance.Almost every custom rod builder will have there specific preference for guide spacing. XRA 96 1M 8'one piece rated 1/2-2oz lure Light Tackle,Heavy fresh water,Boat or Surf. XRA 102 2M 8'6" two piece rated 1/2-2oz lure, Light Tackle Travel Rod, Boat or Surf,Live eels,All nighter beach rod.XRA 108 3 9' rated for 1/2-2 1/4 oz lure one piece, great all nighter,Light lures and Live eels,excellent casting ability.XRA 108 3-2 9' two piece rated for 3/8-2 1/4oz lure, Travel Rod,Light Lures,Live eels,excellent casting.XRA 120 4 10' rated 7/8- 2 1/2 oz lure.one piece The Ultimate Favorite live eeling rod for outer cape cod beaches,Excellent Plugging rod. XRA 120 4-2 10' two piece rated 3/4-2 1/2oz lures.Best of Show Surf Rod 1997 American Sport Fishing Assocation, Travel rod,excellent live eeling rod.Plugging Rod. XRA 1205 10' one piece rated 1-5 1/2oz lures.Excellent All Around rod,Live Lining,Jigging,Plugging,Bait Fishing.XRA 126 1 MH 10'6" one piece rated 4-6oz lures, The Ultimate Jigging and eel skinning rod,Casting Larger Lures,Beach Bait Fishing. XRA 132 1 11'one piece rated 7/8-3oz lures.Excellent distance plugging rod rod,Casting Live eels.XRA 132 2-2 two piece rated for 1-5oz lures.Travel Rod,Excellent distance plug casting rod.Beach Bait Fishing.XRA 132 2 11' one piece rod rated 1-5oz lures.The Ultimate Distance lure Casting Rod,Beach Bait Fishing.XRA 138 1H 11'6" one piece rated 4-12oz lead.Designed for Cape Hatteras NC.for beach bait fishing. Good fishing,Ron

[This message has been edited by Ron Arra (edited 07-19-2002).]

lamiglas is with out doubt the best salt water fishing rod builder there is I have others but my lammi's are my favorites I just used the xra 132 7/8-3oz in nantuket pluggin with bombers to three oz darters for ten days. Never tired. was able to reach fish that where way out handled 20-30 lb fish like a champ i love that rod.Its a serious weapon.

Hey You guys, Had a great time fishing down lower Cape with ya's...and "wow" that steak & hash and eggs breakfast at 4am was also great.Ben I think that is a good idea on the long rod.How was the traffic going home? Ron

Hey You guys, Had a great time fishing down lower Cape with ya's...and "wow" that steak & hash and eggs breakfast at 4am was also great.Ben I think that is a good idea on the long rod.How was the traffic going home? Ron

Ron...HappyWave.gif

Man those steak and eggs sure stuck to me ribs, skipped lunch and still waitin' to have dinner. Had a blast fishing with you!

-Ben

------------------

fww.gif

The Pause That Refreshes

XRA 138 1H 11'6" one piece rated 4-12oz lead.Designed for Cape Hatteras NC.for beach bait fishing. Good fishing,Ron

Well, here we are, almost 14 years later . . .

I need guide spacing help to wrap an XRA 138 1H as a Conventional . . .

Handle Length = 28", from Butt to Center of Reel Foot ( Penn 140L Squidder ) . . .

Guides = ( Fuji BHNLG Hardloy ) will start with a #20, then a #16, and #12's all the rest of the way . . .

Tip = #12 / 12 Fuji Hardloy.

Thanks, in advance !

I would check the rod building forum. There are some great builders there

I checked rodbuilding site . . . No one with any experience with this blank . . .  Got a wide-range of ideas, mostly just "general info".

Edited by TimS

The rod building forum on this site has a wealth of information. I have custom 1203, 1205, 1205-2, 126 and 1322. I don't have the one you are asking about.

The rod building forum on this site has a wealth of information. I have custom 1203, 1205, 1205-2, 126 and 1322. I don't have the one you are asking about.

I'm hoping that Ron Arra will, also,  post info . . . After all, no one should know more about the blank than the man who designed it !

Edited by ez2cdave