Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RyanWilliams

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

I have been reading this board for about two years, and have finally decided to join. biggrin.gif . A little about myself.....my name is ryan and i have been living in new york city for 3 years, but i lived in london. I am 16, but no rookie cool.gif . I did a little surf fishing in england, but really got addicted to it here in the good old U. S. A.. I really look forward to joining this community and learning alot (and hopefully give alot too biggrin.gif ).

welcome aboard! you will learn a lot here. wink.gif

the UK huh...what types of fishing and surf fishing did you do over there? and what kind of gear did you fish with?

johnny d,

i predominatly targated flatfish (dab, plaice, flounder), wrasse, mullet, and sea bass. I really like fishing in america because i dont have to use the pendulem cast to reach the fish. european gear is designed for getting the bait out there, but couldnt stand up to a blue fish or a striper . we almost always fish with smalls baits and short leaders , allowing for a huge cast. Something i learnt in america was the art of plugging and bucktailing (not often done in england)..and it has become my favorite way to target stripers and blues. biggrin.gif