Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TACKLE JUNKIE

What do you think is the .................

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

............profile of someone that steals rods or tackle while your fishing? And what do you think they do with it? This question shouldn't be answered by only using the term "SCUMBAG". Age? A fisherman? A kleptomaniac? A drunk or druggie looking for a way to get quick cash? Do you think they steal much more than some fishing rods? A career criminal?

[ 09-19-2005, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: TACKLE JUNKIE ]

Drug addicted, kleptomaniacal fisherman hankering for a beat down.

25-35, selling most of the stuff, keeping what can be kept - Penns, etc., stuff that won't stand out in a crowd. Selling the Van Staals, Stellas and custom rods elsewhere. Crack-, smack-, crystal meth-fueled, with a couple beers to steady the nerves. Will steal whatever you have that's not tied down. Knows it's likely going to be a while before you get back to your vehicle, so it's a low risk proposition. In short, a scumbag.

[ 09-19-2005, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Homerisadope ]

Just Saturday I was chunking with my 6 year old son when an angler I have known for years asked if we would reel in a fish if one hit his line. The gent had made a little rock stand for his rod and went off to the bathroom. A few minutes later his rod jumped & fell down, then ZOOM - Splash off it went. Thieving fish.

When the gent came back we told him the Good news is you hooked up a fish, the bad news is the fish left. It turns out it was the second time it has happened to him this year.

They got me pretty good 3 yrs ago.Hit my unlocked car in my own driveway.If they had any idea of how well armed and mentally unbalanced i am,they'd have gone elsewhere.Yup definitely a filthy,f_ _ _ g,scumbag!

They got me pretty good 3 yrs ago.Hit my unlocked car in my own driveway.If they had any idea of how well armed and mentally unbalanced i am,they'd have gone elsewhere.Yup definitely a filthy,_ _ _ ,scumbag!

i think it would depend on your location..

in some of the areas between longbranch and just south of SH i would think it might be some younger kids like 16 - 20ish. thats the only other people on the beach i see other then fishermen. they might steal it to be punks or to sell it or maybe to use it them self?

i wont fish in the seaside area alone or at nigth, i dont want to find out if there are crackheads or thugs that want to beat you down or steal stuff..

SH area i would definately say its a fisherman looking for free gear.. aka scumbag..

............profile of someone that steals rods or tackle while your fishing? And what do you think they do with it? This question shouldn't be answered by only using the term "SCUMBAG". Age? A fisherman? A kleptomaniac? A drunk or druggie looking for a way to get quick cash? Do you think they steal much more than some fishing rods? A career criminal?

whats up wit ya T.J.?

don`t tell me that you got burned.

*****ers that steal gear have no rights with me and I catch someone I will judge them on the spot,maybe beat them to a pulp and throw them off the bridge.

at any rate they will not escape with not injury.

I say shoot them in the white meat!!

cheers tongue.gif

whats up wit ya T.J.?

don`t tell me that you got burned.

Not me but there's another post in the NJ forum about somebody's kid getting his stuff stolen so I just wanted to know who you think the perps are. If it was me I would still be SO BERSERK that I couldn't post a thing.

I'm surprised we haven't heard from the west coast more on this thread (and maybe we have I just don't know ya tongue.gif )

The beaches and piers from San Diego up into LA (with a few exceptions like Torry Pines and secluded cliffs and such) are like a frigging 5 finger discount swap meet.. People look at me funny when I break down a 10'6" pole that I'm fishing with just so I can carry it to the bath room, but I work too damn hard for what few toys I get..

There are a lot of younger miss-lead youth fishing down here, and really I don't think its a matter of being a junkie or a kleptomaniac (down here anyway) I think they see something they want and just take it... serious lack of supervision, lack of moral up-bringing, absence of authority of any kind (parental nor law enforcement/ranger etc.) and the such....

When we first got stationed down here I was completely happy with fishing off the piers (its free after all) until the gang bangers, marijuana and "gangsta rap" just ate at my last nerve. That's what inspired me to get into the surf biggrin.gif and thus brought me to this fine piece of cyber heaven

icon14.gif

Now stealing MY stuff is one thing, It would pi$$ me off sure, but I doubt I'd risk an assault charge over it... but stealing a KIDS gear?? Lowest of the low man! I'd absolutely stomp snot bubbles out of someone's a$$ if I caught them doing that regardless of weather it was my kid or not! That would be worth the assault charge biggrin.gif

Happens quite commonly where a lot of people fish, like a crowded pier. Some scumbag will be watching you to see if your caught off guard. Others will saw through cable locks on trucks that have high-end rods and reels. Either way, you better have something around to get those bastages! Remember, you and I got our tackle for hard earned money and we don't want to see anyone evem think about stealing it.

-BK