How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Rate this topic

xfrodobagginsx

An excerpt from Conversations with God;

"Everyone goes to heaven. For centuries people have been condemning Adam and Eve. They are said to have committed the ORIGINAL SIN. I tell you this: It was the ORIGINAL BLESSING. For without this event, the partaking of the knowledge of good and evil, you would not even know the two possibilities existed ! Indeed, before the so-called Fall of Adam, these two possibilities did not exist. There was no "evil." Everyone and everything existed in a state of constant perfection. It was, literally, paradise. Yet you didn't know it was paradise --could not experience it as perfection -- because you knew nothing else.

Shall you then condemn Adam and Eve, or thank them ? (the reason we know good from bad)

I tell you this: God's love and Gods compassion, Gods wisdom and Gods forgiveness, Gods intention and Gods purpose, are large enough to include the most heinous crime and the most heinous criminal."

"All The Worlds A Stooge"

View PostWOW, and I thought I was the one throwing God in front of all you heathens and Frodo pulls it off on his very first post!wink.gif

Maybe came on a little strong to begin with, but at least his intentions were good. I don't know why you cannot drink beer and be a Christian, does it say that somewhere? Huh, no it does not...it simply says to not do things to excess. Even Jesus made water into wine, so drink with moderation all things with moderation my friends!

Skeet

Love ya, really mean it!

I DO drink beer in moderation. I smoke cigars (I don't inhale and about one a week) I dance. I have sex (with my wife) I have a wonderful life. God is NOT boring. He is awesome. Some religious people are legalistic and make it seem boring to be a Christian, but it's actually awesome.

View PostI DO drink beer in moderation. I smoke cigars (I don't inhale and about one a week) I dance. I have sex (with my wife) I have a wonderful life. God is NOT boring. He is awesome. Some religious people are legalistic and make it seem boring to be a Christian, but it's actually awesome.

Good for you, I too am a Christian, but I don't dance; only because I am too fat and it would be ugly and I don't smoke. To win converts here though you need to come about it slightly less forward, these folks don't know you. There are several Christians here who answer questions and help people in a wonderful non-confrontational way, not saying yours was confrontational. Many of these folks don't like formalized religion and immediately shy away from people who throw it in their faces, so take it easy or you will drive them away. Ask and answer questions as a Christian and plant the seeds and let God do the converting. Keep up his work!

Skeet

View PostI don't think that I am being pushy. If I am, I apologize. beers.gif

Look at it like this: If someone you never met walked up to you on the street and out of the blue and said I hate God...would you be non-defensive in your response? Probably not, most likely it would put you on the defensive and you would not as openly listen to them and respond in a positive Christian way to their feelings. I am not saying what you are doing is wrong, no way no how, I love Jesus and want everyone to know him. But to trust you enough to listen you have to earn the right through conversations and commitment to the site and the folks here. I am 100% behind any Christian who voices their love of God and will support you here when, and it will happen, you are attacked by some of the non-Christian members.

So welcome and now you owe us a joke, while not required it is tradition.

Skeet

As a general rule, I like Christians. I really do. I find many, if not most, to be fine, upstanding people whom I'd be rite proud to have as friends and neighbors. The only regret I have about them, and the followers of the other major world religions, is that when I die, and go the the 'Happy Hunting Ground', they won't be there to frolic about with me in Paradise. All because they have refused the one, 'true faith of our fathers'.

cwm15.gif

What is the 'true faith' you ask? (With baited breath, eagerly anticipating my illuminating answer, no doubt!cwm13.gif ) Why, Nordism, of course! Unless you die in battle, with a weapon in your hand, no one is worthy to gaze upon the true God's of our Fathers; i.e. Thor, Odin, Freya, et al. Frankly, I would have thought this was common knowledge, but, alas, this does not seem to be the case here in the land of the heathens!

Still, I try not to judge ye heathens too harshly, as Odin teaches us to be benevolent of our less worldly denizens. (Then again, Odin also exponds upon the joys and virtues of raping and pillaging, and debauchery in general. So casting a wary eye upon practioners of Nordism is probably good, common sense. Afterall, we are trying debauch ourselves into Valhalla!)

It is never too late to convert. So if wine, woman, and song, along with a good, healthy smattering of senseless violence, are your 'cup 'o tea', as it were, then perhaps Nordism is the faith for you. (If the 13th Warrior is one of your favorite movis, and the "Lo, do I see my father" bit one of your favorite scenes, then now may be the time to convert.) biggrin.gif

Please send you non-tax deductible contributions to "Nordism", c/o Roadrunner, c/o Humble Head Tyrant Tim S., etc, etc. Please do it today. cwm27.gifkooky.gif

"I think, that all right thinking people, are sick & tired of being told that they're sick & tired of being sick & tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick & tired of being told that I am."

He stole it from us! Yes precious, he did!

It seems getting to heaven is a little to easy with this plan. As long as I pray before I die and mean it, I'm in?

So basically, I don't have to do anything right my whole life, I don't have to turn the other cheek, I don't have to love my neighbor, I don't even have to love God until my last 15 seconds on earth?

That seems contrary to the whole premise for commandments in the first place.

How we wish to catch a fish so juicy sweet.

View PostHe stole it from us! Yes precious, he did!

It seems getting to heaven is a little to easy with this plan. As long as I pray before I die and mean it, I'm in?

So basically, I don't have to do anything right my whole life, I don't have to turn the other cheek, I don't have to love my neighbor, I don't even have to love God until my last 15 seconds on earth?

That seems contrary to the whole premise for commandments in the first place.

Fortunately for some, yes, in their last breath they can accept Christ and be saved, however don't think prayer is the salvation, it is not. However, you can accept Christ now and live a better life following the path set for us in the Bible. God is like your dad, you can be mean and nasty all your life and reject him, but in the end he is still your dad and all you have to do is ask for his forgiveness and accept him as Lord and Saviour and you will be granted this forgiveness. But here is the deal, if you wait you might miss the bus. Tonight you might pass in your sleep and not have the chance, tomorrow you might choke on a turkey bone and never accept him, etc...so now is the best time.

As to easy, be glad, if Christ had not died for our sins we would all be roasting for eternity. As to the commandments, well with Christ we are no longer bound by them, we should follow them and as a result we will lead a better life, but with the acceptance of Christ we accept the new way and the old is not our measuring stick any more to God.

Hold on my shotgunning buddy, you are preaching a different gospel than my buddy Frodo. He said praying was all I had to do. Remember 100% guarantee I'm going to heaven? Clearly it ain't that easy.

I don't think you are going to get guaranteed forgiveness. If you go through life doing what you know is wrong and you don't accept Christ's sacrifice you aren't going to be forgiven for changing your ways in the last ten seconds (in most cases). I don't deny deathbed repentance, but I'll let God be the judge of that. I think it is going to be a little bit harder of a sell.

I wouldn't say it is easy. It wasn't easy for him. It isn't going to be easy for us. The whole point of the gospel is that it isn't easy. We are supposed to learn how to be like Jesus and that is contrary to man's nature. We are envious, jealous, proud, hateful, and covetous. Overcoming that ain't easy.

When you are referring to commandments are you thinking the 10 commandments? I was talking about the two great commandments - to love God and love your neighbor. I would suggest that it isn't that we aren't bound by the old law of Moses anymore (the ten commandments) but we are bound by a higher law - loving God and our neighbor. When we love God and our neighbor, we will follow the 10 commandments anyway. It isn't that the 10 commandments are gone, it is that by living a higher law we don't need the baby steps.

Basically what it comes down to is faith will get you to the door, but your works get you in. Think about it, is it fair if you accept Jesus and go through your whole life going to church on sunday, donating to the poor, turning the other cheek, loving your neighbor and doing what all good Christians do and then you have someone that is a drunkard who contributes nothing to society and thinks of nothing but himself for his whole life until the last 10 seconds and you both get the same reward?

You can argue that you were truly happier for life, and you would be right, but when your whole life happens in the blink of an eye in the eternal scheme of things so what if you were happy or unhappy for the equivalent of 2 seconds.

God is going to look at what you did with the light you had. If you were a jerk and you knew better, you aren't going to get the same reward as a person who gave of himself for life. Just the same, if you never got a chance to hear about Jesus, you aren't just going to hell. Those people will still get a chance to hear the good word and accept Jesus.

Anyway, 100% guarantee it is not with all due respect to Mr. Baggins.

How we wish to catch a fish so juicy sweet.

...that this Christ stuff is just a bunch of name dropping to make people feel better and ultimately distract themselves from a reality that they find difficult to deal with. This habitual behavior runs deep and may never be realized. It has been taught to us since birth. IMO the ritual and voodoo is just a waste of energy that would be better spent on trying to make the world a better place. I think that this squandering of human potential saddens any higher being that might actually be interested in the feeble and meager actions of the children of men. I feel that I am blessed to have come to this decision after many years of devout worship. I am a better person for it. I no longer feel that specific recitations or collections of habitual actions make me better or help me to find favor with "the creator" or in any way put me in a position that is different from those who do not partake in such activity. I now look harder at the horrors of the world and as a result observe with greater awe and reflection the beauties of it. I reflect more on my own actions and with greater introspection than I did when I had a "formula". I do not look for proverbial forgiveness when I err. I hold myself accountable only to me and my sense of right and wrong. The standards of which are always being re-evaluated based on my experience. I hold myself more accountable for my actions than I ever did in the past. I reflect more deeply on my trespasses than I did when I felt that recitations could impact the past. Before I considered them finalized and did not question them or if I did question them I sought the insight of others who were more "formulated" than I.

I consider myself to be more "saved" than I ever was before.

I believe that there might be a god; that there might be several gods; that there might be no god (this is the least comfortable idea). Ultimately I know that I don't know. I don't need to know. I need to be the best human being that I can be, and to treat people and everything else in the world the best that I can. I will never perfect this, but I will never stop trying. If there is a heaven I believe that I will have a better chance of getting there by trying to be good, than I will by going through motions and reading writings of old.

Beliefs are tricky things. They should be respected within reason. As long as they don't involve hurting others senselessly or looking down on others for holding different beliefs they are respectable.

The worst thing you can do with your mind is refuse to change it.

I don't mean to offend or criticize the Christian faithful among us, only to express myself as they often do. Whatever works for you. This is what works for me.

I don't think that he was or is God, but Jesus of Nazareth had a great message: be nice to people. If all of the people who have ever thought that he was God tried harder to treat others as he said than they tried to make others believe he was God this world would be a remarkably better place.

Hot dogs were invented in 1936 by Larry Hotdogs when he accidentally dropped a bag of prize-winning pig buttholes into his Dick Shaper Machine. :read: