Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimk/ny

Which waders will last?

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Anyone have suggestions on waders that will last for a couple seasons?

The Pro-lines seemed well made, but the boots rotted and cracked in a year -- yes I rinsed them after each use.

I tried an inexpensive pair of Hodgeman canvas waders. Rubbed thru the canvas in one trip. The Hodgeman Brightons were better but didnt last.

For $100 or more it seems waders should last longer, especially since I only wear waders for about half of my fishing trips.

Try gralite waders, tough as nails.Should last several years! The surfcaster catalog sells them and I think offshore angler does also.

[This message has been edited by eelman (edited 04-29-2000).]

I own Cabells's Lugsole Chest Waders. The boots are insulated and the outside is covered with nylon. They are very durale, comfortable, light, warm, and cheap too. I think like $60.00

Go to their website, thats where I ordered mine!

------------------

Ryan

><{{{">

BassHunter@Home.com

In my opinion.....ORVIS is the only way to go...I get a new pair every year!! (Great warranty, you should see what my waders look like after one season and they still exchange them!)

Dont go with Remington mad.gif Any one know how to repair the boot part? Mine has about a 2inch crack near the top. Is there any kind of rubber cement or something that will work?

Dont go with Remington mad.gif Any one know how to repair the boot part? Mine has about a 2inch crack near the top. Is there any kind of rubber cement or something that will work?

The boot part may actually be vinyl instead of rubber. If the rubber tire patches won't stick then get some vinyl pool patch. ron

I can vouch for the Remington. They are the worst pair of neoprene waders I have ever owned. First season, Knee leaked. Unable to locate the hole. Then the boot cracked and it was all over from there. 2 seasons and they just found their final destination in yesterday's trash! IMHO, cheaper, better. I bought a pair of rubber waders for $30. Lasted 3 seasons, 1 longer than the more expensive Remingtons!

------------------

Bob Thomas

RThomas61@aol.com

Another vote for Gralites--6 seasons and still going strong, and I did the same *#%@ thing with a plug hook that Dave did--and they patched so clean, you have to really strain to see the patch. The Surfcaster sells a kit with patches cut from the same mist green (they used to be gray a long time ago, now they're green but still called Gralites) PVC material.

Never had a pair of neoprenes that went more than a few seasons before the seam went and good luck trying to find the leak.

Hey guys just a suggestion that seems to work for me i got a cheap pair of red balls and this is the 3rd or 4th season

after rinsing treat the boot section with Armor All I use it on all my boots Keeps them soft and plyable

------------------

Tightlines

Grizz <><