Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
10x10

Cool old plug for stripahs

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

That is a sweet looking plug!! Is anyone making a jointed wood surface swimmer?The shape of that plug looks like one Big Don makes...but his isn't jointed.Nice plug 10x...you going to use it ?

------------------

Rick

beutiful plug 10x10,excellent condition in a tough to find color!

Rick7,gibbs makes a jointed swimmer,i know it was available last year,not sure if its in 2001's line up..the beach master jointed eel is excellent too!!

10x10: That's a beauty and it appears to be in great condition. There are several manufacturers and builders that attempted to copy the Creek Chub rainbow. Pictured below are Bob Hahn and Lefty's imitations:

rainbows.jpg

Believe it or not, Bomber attemted to copy it also. This photo shows two 17A bombers in rainbow and chatreuse rainbow.

rainbows1lwf2.jpg

I had never seen bombers in those colors until a member of this board gave me those two last year. His name will be preserved to protect the innocent. smile.gif Unless of course he posts it here and doesn't mind the emails asking him if he has any more?!!? wink.gif

Rick7: That Creek Chub is a pikie, Big Don's lures are more of a surfster style.

------------------

DC ><}}}}>

[This message has been edited by DaveC (edited 02-11-2001).]

I got that at a real good price.But at a show you got to grab it when you see it.I saw one later on the same show in slightly better condition for 200.00 which translates to about 150 to 175.00.I'll put some more finds on later.

That plug you show is a Creek Chub Pickie Minnow...I used a plug of that type, painted black and I also used a dark blue color...I rigged eel skins in the bag part, one black side out and one blue side out. they worked well then, and would probably work well now, but, at $200. a pop I don't think many fishermen would put one in the water.

They are beautiful and bring back memories...Thanks for sharing the photo's.

------------------

Capt. Chet

Nor-Easter Charters

Does anyone know if Bob Hahn still makes plugs. Last year I was asking a local shop if he still carried Bob's plugs and he told me he wished he still had some, but Bob stopped making them a while back.

JayC,

bob hahn no longer builds plugs..check out last weeks thread on hahn plugs to see some real beauty's!

[This message has been edited by Rick G (edited 02-12-2001).]