Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDC

Aquaskinz Customer Service

Rate this topic

51 posts in this topic

Wishin I Was Fishin,

Unfortunatelly Iam just seeing this and did not get a chance to respond to it till now. Let me start by saying that any all issues brought to the attention of AquaSkinz and especially myself in particular were addressed timely and appropriately. The fact that you are on this board and openly stating things that are less than factual is somewhat troubling to say the least!

Your friends top that you say leaks through could not be verified by a certified company used to check for these problems and guess what, the common sense test was also applied with the same result as the scientific one.

The fact that you say "it leaks" is not proof enough, BUT, EVEN in those cases where manufacturing flaws were not evident, we honored your complaints. Even when your products were unregistered for warranty in some cases we performed the testing, exchange & shipping completely at our expense without raising any issues with you.

In any case, I have repeatedly tried to appease you and your crew to no avail. It is somewhat ironic that over a two year period there have been less than 2 dozen jackets returned for one reason or another and not all of them defective; 7 of them came from the same area.

Manufacturing is not fool proof and there will always be issues but with that being said, I and AquaSkinz tried to make every effort to make things right in every case because customer serivce is important to us. In your case and of Rich's, I even offered a third jacket OF YOUR CHOICE or any products we offer as exchange, my offer was never acknowledged. If you like, I can put the e-mail correspondence up on the board for your review if you don't have it. I even asked you send the jacket you complained about back again so that we could address the problem and correct it; I never got a respons from anyone!

If you have any issues and would like to discuss them further, you know my number and or e-mail address, feel free to contact me. I am available any time to discuss your issues and try to help you.

As for your comments, I will end by saying you have as much right as anyone to say what you like, just get the facts straight. Contrary to what you might think or say, the people here are smart enough to make their own judgments.

Kadir

Tim,

I sent Kadir & Alberto pictures of the tape seams on all 3 jackets.

This is the tape seam on the 1st EVO2 jacket i got in August after the 2nd time out in the suds:

tapeseam.JPG

This is the tape on the 2nd EVO2 jacket I got in September after the first trip in the suds:

tapeseama.JPG

I had a few conversations with Kadir (2 lasting 40 minutes each) since the beginning of August. We talked about the proper way to put the jacket on and the proper way to take it off. We talked about the materials he uses. We even talked about why you shouldn't wear a wrist watch with his jackets. I was doing everything he said except for the wrist watch part. He stated he sends the jackets that leak out to a company he uses that tests dive suits and they pressure test them to 600 PSI. Well, my shower head and water hose test sure doesn't use 600 PSI but I had small streams of water shooting out in various places all over the jacket. Kadir told me it wasn't scientific enough. On my shower test when I got wet standing in the shower with the jacket on he said it can't be. He stated to me that he couldn't afford to keep replacing jackets that didn't leak. I never complained to him about the postage it costs me in sending the jackets back twice. Kadir offered to swap the jacket out for a Hurricane jacket or surf bag but I already got neoprene jackets and 2 VS surf bags.

When I fish, I wade deep almost to the top of my waders. I fish with my elbows in the water. I take waves over my head more times than I want. I fish the roughest water you can find on Staten Island. I only need and want a waterproof, breathable, lightweight jacket.

What are the chances of me getting 3 jackets in a row that leak? What are the chances that out of 16 jackets the guys in my group owned or had replaced, 11 leaked and 1 had neoprene cuffs that shredded? We bought these jackets at different places all over the northeast coast. Only 1 original jacket out of the group didn't leak or shred but he fishes off a boat now and still wears his jacket. Only 2 of the replacement jackets seem to be holding up at this time. It seems to me that they got some serious quality control issues.

Kadir never answered my last email back on 10/9/04 after I sent him a picture of the tape seams on the 2nd EVO2 jacket.

Like I said in my previous post, it is time to move on and look for another jacket. I got my eyes on a Simms pullover GoreTex wading jacket and looking at some of the kayaker's jackets.

Rather than continue this here, why don't you guys get together and do the shower head test while KAdir is present? That would end this back and forth BS once and for all. You guys only live 1 hour and 15 minutes away from each other, meet halfway, do the stupid test, buy each other coffee, go fishing and have a good time.

Continuing this on-line sheds a negative light on ALL parties involved.

Own the whole series of Aqua Skinz, no problems with anyone of them so far. As a matter of fact, Alberto and Kadir have always asked for comemnts from me on the jackets and are always ready to help.

Sure! like with everything there are manufacturing defects with ANYTHING manufactured.

My 2 cents.

MP!

When I fish, I wade deep almost to the top of my waders. I fish with my elbows in the water. I take waves over my head more times than I want. I fish the roughest water you can find on Staten Island. I only need and want a waterproof, breathable, lightweight jacket.

Sounds more like you need a wetsuit...

-spence

Rather than continue this here, why don't you guys get together and do the shower head test while KAdir is present? That would end this back and forth BS once and for all. You guys only live 1 hour and 15 minutes away from each other, meet halfway, do the stupid test, buy each other coffee, go fishing and have a good time.

Continuing this on-line sheds a negative light on ALL parties involved.

Billy,

are you suggesting a group shower??? with video cameras?? wow. WOW!

smile.gif

btw i dont own or never have owned an aquaskinz jacket i saw the first table he set up out in freeport show a couple years ago and thought it was a good product. HappyWave.gif Kadir, hope all is well with you and yours.

Sounds more like you need a wetsuit...

-spence

Maybe you didn't know you get wet in a wetsuit? The reason I went to Aquaskinz was to stay dry - "Built for solid durability in the most extreme environments"

Billy40 - If Kadir answered my email and called me, he would have known I was ready to take the drive out there and do the shower test on my jacket. One doesn't drive for the hour and 15 minutes just to find no one home.

BZ - group showers are cool, just don't look down. lol.

GF - OK, that was in the past, maybe you guys can work something out now. I really don't want to be a mediator here, but things like this get really, really ugly and while one side may be right, both sides look bad. I just hope something gets resolved so both sides are happy in the end.

Rich,

That e-mail you mention was suppose to have been answered but not by me and I am guessing it wasn't or you never got it. Either way, let's move on.

I have made the offer on my previous post and will make it again here, if there is problem, then let's discuss it and get it resolved if possible.

As Billy said, it does no one any good to back & forth here or anywhere for that matter.

I am not adverse to an amicable solution but it has to be two sided and I well bend over backwards to help you...just let me know.

Hi Brian HappyWave.gif Hope all is well with you too.

MP, heard the place busted wide open biggrin.gif the little silvery, blue baits must have moved in...

Kadir

Wishing I Was Fishing

The worst was when Bill, Elliot and Richie sat around in a pouring rain storm. Elliot was wearing his brand new replacement top ansd got soaked through the top, past his sweats, past his undies right down to his skin. He had four witnesses to that. Yet Kadir denied it could happen. After Elliot sent his top back KAdir claimed there was nothing wrong with it.

I was there and Elliot was soaked. Myself and Richie were also wet but not as bad as Elliot.

Yes it was raining very hard but are it Aquaskinz supposed to keep you dry?

TimS

Maybe it's something in the water on Staten Island?

No it is not the water but, I believe that most of the people who own an Aquaskinz when they are fishing are only standing in the water up to their knees. The jacket itself does not get much water on it as they fish.

The guys who fish Staten Island fish Raritain Bay. When fishing the bay we are in the water to at least our belly buttons or higher. Most of the time we are having waves going over heads at least a couple of times while we fish. The Aquaskinz jacket gets wet and the water goes right thru to our clothes.

Big Country

Also, it's tough to design something to fit everyone ... arms, torsos, and necks come in a lot of different sizes. You SI guys must be huge.

The Staten Island guys come in all sizes.

TimS - Everyone in the picture knows it is being put up on SOL. They all said it was OK for me to put it up. They all agreed with what it says.

Bill

**Bill, I appreciate that the guys in the photo have given you their permission to put it up here. However, it does not change our policy to keep negative product reviews strictly to first person experience. They are all welcome to share their first hand experience here - and a group photo is fine - but not with a text added that implies that an entire company and it's entire product line is failing to do what they promise. Feel free to share first hand experiences with specific products, but unless you have tried every product personally and had every product fail, it is unfair to the company and the readers here to imply that all their products fail to keep you dry. It's nothing personal, it's just being fair. TimS

[ 11-13-2004, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: TimS ]

I will say it is surprising that guys up and down the coast that fish some of the roughest water have had no issues but a group of Staten Island guys that fish mosty beaches who take the occassional wave over the head have so many problems.

You know what, I am not going to carry this on further as I see what is going on here. AquaSkinz has made the effort both here and before, I will leave it at that.

Kadir

Hello Kadir how are you?? This is Doug from the Great South Bay Anglers, and I have the original Evo Top and I thought I was crazy that the last 2 times I fished in a rain storm I was soaked to my underwear wearing the top!!! I even mentioned it to you at the Korkers Cup, and we discussed that I would try it again in the rain and last week it happened again and I was soaked!

I love the jacket, but I could not understand why when it rained I got very wet...

I was thinking of getting another one, the Rampage as well.

Maybe, I am having a seam problem??? It seems that my right shoulder and arm is where I get the wettest... What can be done to either it????

Please let me know. Give me your number where I can reach you.

I do not want to bash your products, and I do understand stuff happens with manufacturing, but if you stand behind the product, thats all we as consumers can ask!!!

Doug

TimS - Everyone in the picture knows it is being put up on SOL. They all said it was OK for me to put it up. They all agreed with what it says.

Bill

It is not my fight, but from reading what was written so far it looks like Kadir wants to help but nobody is interested. I wonder what it is actually you are trying to accomplish here by posting such a picture? If you showed us the leak and a quote from their email stating that they will not replace the product that would be a legitimate complain. What we see instead is an offer from Kadir to take care of the problem and an immature bashing of the company.

Mike Z -

After the day that Elliot, Richie and myself got wet during the rainstorm, my Aquaskinz jacket was send back to Kadir.

The jacket was returned to me as is. I was told that it did not leak by Kadir. Well for a jacket that did not leak, I was sure WET.

Anyone who needs a waterproof jacket should not consider getting an Aquaskinz jacket.

Bill