Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDC

Aquaskinz Customer Service

Rate this topic

51 posts in this topic

Sent my EVO II back for some minor repairs. Just got off the phone with Kadir. WOW!! These guys really care about their customers and stand behind their products!! KUDOS icon14.gif

Well Just from reading your post I know I don't know you. Because if I did you would not be happy.Because Everyone I know who owns an Aquaskinz has had a problem with them. And everyone of us is less than happy with Kadir.

It seems that the guys who fish Staten Island got all the defective tops despite where we bought them from.And it seems that despite our complaints

we are told that there is nothing wrong with them. So despite sleeves that are ripped, despite seams that unglue, despite cuts in the fabric, despite leaking tops, Despite unwaterproof "waterproof" all the guys on Staten Island are wrong.

Then when we have sent our tops back we are told there is nothing wrong with them. That we must be doing something wrong to them. One of my friends got soaked down to his balls in a rain storm but was told there was nothing wrong with the top. Another friend had the same thing happen to his orginal top and then to his replacement top. Another one of my friends stood inside a shower with his top on and got wet. Kadir told him he was wromg.

When some of the seams became unglued Kadir attitude was "you must be doing something wrong" Well I can tell yuo that the seams started to become unglued on my replacement top on the second trip.

Personnally, and I think I speak for all my Staten Island friends, Richie, Bill, Fabian, Elliot, and PAul, Aquaskinz leaves a lot to be desired. Especially from Kadir.

PS

Myself-1 replacement top -having problems with unglued seams and leaking

Richie-1 replacement top - haVING PROBLEMS with unglued seams and leaking

Bill -denied a replacemnt top despite getting soaked

Fabian- Pending replacemnt for torn sleeves

Elliot- 2 replacement tops--Both defective-leaking denied getting another

Paul 1 replacement top

Just to clarify WIWF's comments, all these jackets were either Evolutions or EVO2s replaced with EVO2s.

To be fair with Aquaskinz, Kadir sent me my first replacement jacket when my Evolution leaked and tape seams came apart. I got the replacement (an EVO2) within a week. Problem is the jacket leaked in a rain storm and the tape seams came apart. I had to send it back again and he sent me a 2nd replacement again. That jacket leaked in the shower (I wanted to test it before I used it in the suds.) I even put the shower head on the material and saw small streams of water shooting out of the material! On the second trip, the tape seams came apart at the wrists and neck. Kadir told me it can't be.

I needed a waterproof, breathable light weight jacket that didn't leak. The EVO2 is a product that just didn't fit this criteria through my experiences. I cut my losses and decided it was time to move on to another jacket.

JDC, I hope you get one that doesn't leak!

Richie

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences. As with all consumer products, I guess that there are good and bad testimonials. Maybe Kadir will read this and get some feedback.

On the second trip, the tape seams came apart at the wrists and neck. Kadir told me it can't be.

Richie, did you send the jacket to Kadir to look at? Just curious cause when taped seams come apart, it's pretty obvious and I can't imagine how anyone could tell you that they didn't come apart without looking at the jacket? I'm not knocking Kadir, just trying to get a mental handle on how he determined that the seams didn't come apart unless he looked at the jacket.

From watching the Aquaskinz product line in the past year, I must say, unless too many people are simply afraid to mention problems they've had, it seems that the failure rate of these Staten Island guys is extremely high compared to the other folks that rave about the jackets. I'm not doubting anyone's review, good or bad, just wondering why it seems such a high failure rate among this one particular group? Are others experiencing similar problems with that model jacket leaking? Maybe it's something in the water on Staten Island? wink.gif

I hope you guys all come to some satisfactory arrangement with Kadir regarding your jackets, I've heard such good things about them from the vast majority of folks that have mentioned them.

TimS

From watching the Aquaskinz product line in the past year, I must say, unless too many people are simply afraid to mention problems they've had, it seems that the failure rate of these Staten Island guys is extremely high compared to the other folks that rave about the jackets. I'm not doubting anyone's review, good or bad, just wondering why it seems such a high failure rate among this one particular group? Are others experiencing similar problems with that model jacket leaking? Maybe it's something in the water on Staten Island? wink.gif

TimS

I'm kinda stunned.

I haven't had any problems with my Skinz since I bought them.

I'm still on my first Evo I - no problems to report.

I recently picked up a pair of Evo II's - and have been fishing continuously through the fall - no problems.

I've only used the Hurricane (the heavier neoprene top) a few times (when it's REALLY cold) but I've had no problems.

No problems with seams coming apart, or leakage. My only complaint is that the rubber neck seal squeezes my adam's apple into my brain. wink.gif

After every trip I thoroughly rinse the lightweight Evo tops and soak them in a bucket of water and mild detergent, then hang-dry (as suggested by Kadir).

I have to say, I only use them where I REALLY need them, which this year has been in Rhody and parts of Mass. Elsewhere I fish practically nekkid.

I wonder if you SI guys just had some bad luck with perhaps a bad batch of product at the same time?

Kadir farms out production overseas - so maybe the q.c. slipped a bit.

Also, it's tough to design something to fit everyone ... arms, torsos, and necks come in a lot of different sizes. You SI guys must be huge. wink.gif

I'm sorry if you've had a bad experience with your tops.

My experience with their customer service Department has been Fantastic! I did have an issue with a jacket and I called and left a detailed message. Kadir called me the following day at the time I specified in my message and I explained the situation to him, he gave me the address and the expected turn around time etc. Fantastic service awesome jacket. In the conditions I've been able to fish... that jacket doesnt owe me a thing. heart.gif

I've had my Evo 2 since October and fished with it last least 2-3 times a week since then. I've been extremely happy with it so far. It keeps me dry. I even fell down and rolled around in the suds at Montauk without a problem. It's kept me comfortable with layering even in a moderately strong wind. I hope I remain as happy with it as I am to date.

Mark

No problems at all with mine either. I have an EVO2 and just got the Neoprene jacket (not the hurricane, the one with the zipper neck and hood). not water tight uptop, but great for beach fishing when you dont have waves coming over your head. I used it this evening in the heavy NE downpour and I was dry as a bone and even better warm...

maybe those gases eminating from the dumps in SI has a negative effect on the seam sealing process... (j/k SI). wink.gifwink.gif

AQUASKINZ

2 Evo tops worn very often, 1 top did in fact have an issue at one of the seams, immediately exchanged, after proven the seam was in fact leaking, the other top is still 100% dry, and 100% functional.

1 Hurricane top, worn well over the 2 seasons now and absolutely no problems at all icon14.gif

1 Evo 2 top worn very well 100% flawless icon14.gif

Customer service, communications, and product icon14.gif

BTW some might say that 4 tops are unreal, but I have dropped 58 lbs, but my wrist and neck are still fitting the older sizes...

Mike Lang

BTW some might say that 4 tops are unreal, but I have dropped 58 lbs, but my wrist and neck are still fitting the older sizes...

Mike Lang

I meant to tell you that you how svelt you looked at the Fall Fling Mike wink.gifsmile.gif

I think I need to get one of these EVO things so I can have some first hand experience with them. Which is the lightest of the fully waterproof ones?

Maybe Kadir will send me one for free if I delete this thread? wink.gif Alright...maybe just a discount redface.gifwink.gif

TimS

Never HAD a PROBLEM with my Jackets all 3 of them , I beat the Crap out of these Jackets In the Surf climing rocks etc. And no TROUBLES HERE No seams coming apart or leaks..........Last week on the Block with wind Gusting over 40 I STAYED DRY and WARM. Keep up the GOOD WORK Kadir..................... HAB'S

Yeah there is something in the water out on Staten Island. It's called fishermen.

These tops leak in the water, when you are wading or sitting around in the rain.

The worst was when Bill, Elliot and Richie sat around in a pouring rain storm. Elliot was wearing his brand new replacement top ansd got soaked through the top, past his sweats, past his undies right down to his skin. He had four witnesses to that. Yet Kadir denied it could happen. After Elliot sent his top back KAdir claimed there was nothing wrong with it.

Richie took his top and put a garden hose to it. Under minimal pressure the water was squiting through the fabric.

After I got my replacemnt top back Richie challenged me to do the same. With great hesitiation I let him do the same to mine. Lo and Behold the water squirted through. Yet KAdir denied this happened. Claimed it couldn't happen.

When Richie explained what he did and how to replicate the test KAdir said it wasn't scienitifc enough. Well common sense should prevail but that seems to be lacking in this cause/ Seems KAdir would rather spend 40$ to have a lab test the jacket rather than a free test.

Maybe it is the water around Staten Island.MAybe we are fishing in Acid waters. I doubt it. I think it is just a poor product backed by a poor representative who fails to respond to complaints. As such Aquaskinz is losing business.

I know anyone who asks about Aquaskinz products from the SI guys is going to get a bad product review.Unfortunely for Aquaskinz the SI guys get around so their product is getting bad mouthed from Cape MAy NJ to Cape Cod MA.