Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishingchef

So what does everyone drink???

Rate this topic

60 posts in this topic

Hey Mike, Have ya found any good orange flavored vodkas? I drink my vodka straight and like the little bit of flavor. I'm going to need something new after I finish my bottle of Grey Goose. I've had Stoli orange and it's not bad.

While fishing/working/driving, I dring Coffee, water, and Iced tea. When in a time and place where I can have harder stuff, almost any bourbon/sourmash whiskey or homebrewed beer. Especially my own. What'ddya expect from a guy who calls himself BigBrewDude? Wine coolers and soda?

Coca Cola. Straight up. I have an IV that I just hook up to the cans.

I haven't drank alcohol in so long I forget what I like. I just remember what I should NOT drink. biggrin.gif For example... anything with a worm in it. I'm too old to fight grown men these days. I quit drinking Turkey after wrassling one too many alligators. Quit drinking scotch after ending up lost in a canoe in the middle of skeeter season down in the Everglades. Quit drinking LI Iced Teas after well, I ain't even gonna go there.

I think I'd have to go for something gurly and sweet and mellow these days... like a white russian or something. biggrin.gif

If fishing, a thermos of hot tea. If at home, Pilsner Urquell or Bass Ale, I guess. The Cruzan's rum that someone mentioned is easy to like. Gentlemen Jack.

Water or coffee while fishin', Bass Ale or Harp's or Corona extra hanging around the house, and frozen Margarita's during the summer while hanging by the pool wink.gif

Hey Mike, Have ya found any good orange flavored vodkas? I drink my vodka straight and like the little bit of flavor. I'm going to need something new after I finish my bottle of Grey Goose. I've had Stoli orange and it's not bad.

Wish I could suggest something but I usually just add my own lemon, orange, etc., if I'm in the mood. I did wipe out a bottle of that Jewel of Russia berry flavored vodka. Pretty good stuff for flavored booze. My main squeeze made me buy another bottle. She likes it with a wedge of lime -- a pseudo-cosmo type drink.

Gray Goose Yodka is a French excuse for the real thing. They can't sell their wines so they're now into the yodka competition. cwm13.gif

"...I discharge my left nostril at you, you English dog..." eek.gif

Hooky wink.gif

I don't drink alcohol before/during fishing, just water or Wawa coffee. I'll usually enjoy a Yuengling traditional lager or two while rinsing off my gear and then I'll go to sleep.

I rarely eat while fishing, and I fish well after dinner, so I usually go to bed with an empty stomach. It seems that when I drink a lot of coffee, I wake up with terrible stomach aches. I think its the caffeine. Does anybody else experience this?