Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveC

Fishing in NJ for the week of 10-15-07 through 10-21-07

Rate this topic

365 posts in this topic

i didnt fish but i did go to the beach to have a look around. alof of bait. saw a guy kick and release 3 big blues today. i got annoyed after i watched him do it the second time so i got my camera and took pics of him doing it a third time, was gonna post it, but thats not my place... a word to the wise, you never know who is watching lol

Got my 2nd albie today. Also lost one after a really good fight to a really crappy knot. I am not recommending the Seaguar knot! If someone finds a blue deadly dick in an albie's lip with about 2 1/2 feet of mono attached, pm me and I'll let you know where to send itbiggrin.gif . PS - You can keep the line.

2 days in a row with and albie - I wouldn't have expected it. Going to try to get multiples tomorrow.

PS There are No DEADLY DICK's available in central jerseycwm31.gif .

(doesn't matter though, cause crippled herrings are going to slaughter them tomorrow.)

I will now attach my crappy cel phone pic.

View PostPS There are No DEADLY DICK's available in central jerseycwm31.gif .

Just in case... I was just at Dick's on 18 in East Brunswick and they had #3 Long DD's in Red, Green, and Blue.

Is that considered spot burning? tongue.gif

View PostJust in case... I was just at Dick's on 18 in East Brunswick and they had #3 Long DD's in Red, Green, and Blue.

Is that considered spot burning? tongue.gif

Shhh....I've heard a lot of cars get broken into in that parking lot...

(could you grab me a couple of the green ones?)beers.gif

View Post(could you grab me a couple of the green ones?)beers.gif

In trade, could I tag along on one of your trips and learn some? If so, the DD's are on me.

View PostGot my 2nd albie today. Also lost one after a really good fight to a really crappy knot. I am not recommending the Seaguar knot!

Try the palomar knot. Guaranteed not to slip or break, at least it hasn't for me yet. It's the only knot I use on everything unless leader is too thick. cwm40.gif

See you out there tomorrow a.m. wink.gif

View PostTry the palomar knot. Guaranteed not to slip or break, at least it hasn't for me yet. It's the only knot I use on everything unless leader is too thick. cwm40.gif

See you out there tomorrow a.m. wink.gif

Thanks for the tip! I use the palomar and love it. I tried the seaguar knot for my braid to mono leader connection (in stead of a barrel swivel).

Tomorrow I may go back to the tiny spro swivel (palomars all around) or use a uni to uni for my braid to flouro leader connection. (I finally picked up some flouro tonight). Trying not to out-think myself seeing as I got my first one with a steel leaderbiggrin.gif .