XRA1205 .850 12 - yup

XRA1261 .850 12 - yup

XRA1321 .835 9 - yup

XRA1321-2 .835 9 - yup

XRA1322 .900 10 - yup

XRA1322-2 .900 10 - yup

According to Lamiglas' 2004 Blank Catalog - yup smile.gif

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Just so you know, not every blank is exactly these measurements. I had an Arra 1204 which I ordered a 9 tip for, from Japan - when I recieved teh blank it was a size 10, so I had to re-order a tip top fro Japan, which sucked.

If you don't have the blank on hand, have the tip sized when you order. If you're ordering fro 2 serperate spots, order a size larger & worst case scenario you build up the blank with a layer of Size A thread so teh tip top you bought fits.

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

the 1321L I'm having built is 1/2" short...

I'd be pretty surprised if 1/2" on an 11 foot blank wasn't within tolerance smile.gif That's plus or minus 1/3 of 1% - pretty tight...I'd think +/- 1% would be very tight smile.gif

TimS

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

I can't imagine they are producing to within 1%...that's pretty sloppy.

Regardless, tolerances are usually to a specific measurement. My guess is somebody smashed the end of the blank and they cut the end off.

I don't really care, but it's certianly interesting...

-spence

Each blank is hand rolled & such. There is definately an allowable tolerance, and each manufacturer has it's own set of tolerances. I calle d& spoke to someone at Lamiglas because that little difference in tip size cost me $25 & I was pissed - and I found out that it was normal for Lami blanks.

As far as QC goes, as far as the blanks I've dealt with CAlstar is the best. EVERY blank I've seen is dead straight, the specs are dead on, and each blank has the same action/bend/power. Seeker was the worst, but since I stoppe dusing them I've heard they improved. This doesn't help anyone looking for a surf rod, I'm just blabbing for the sake of blabbing.

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."

Billy,please don't shoot,I'm only the messenger. Quality control on my last three Calstar blanks, I'd have to rate as poor. A couple of years ago I got a T6460XH, the tip was a rather prominent pig-tail. They replaced it with one that had a bent tip, but at least the curve was all in one plane. A friend received a T330 the other day. The stated tip size is 12, It's going to require a size 16. Maybe the problem is only with their fiberglass blanks.I don't know but, I am ready to kiss 'em off. Hope you continue to have good luck with them.

[ 12-25-2004, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: woodbutcher ]

"...we used a tracking method."  - Dale Monroe

I can't imagine they are producing to within 1%...that's pretty sloppy.

1/2" on an 11 foot rod is much less than 1% - it's 1/3 of 1%. That's a tolerance of +/- .3 % - good grief, making an 11 foot anything to within 1/3 of one percent...maybe I'm easily impressed, but that's pretty danm impressinve in my book smile.gif

1% would have been 1.32" on an 11ft blank - yours was 1/2" off. Is 1/3 of 1% tight enough for an 11 foot blank?

TimS

WB - I will ammend my last statement - all the Calstar blanks I've built on or seen were Grafighters.