Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
suntzu

May 21st - a line in the sand - SDOW

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

In anticipation of Sunday's meeting I was doing a little legal research and writing so as to contribute what I do to the cause.

N.J.A.C. 7:25-22.1 provides:

The season for taking Atlantic menhaden (Brevoortia tyrannus) from the marine waters of the State of New Jersey by purse seine for fish meal reduction shall begin on the third Monday in May and end on the third Friday in October. This provision shall not impose a limited season for the taking of menhaden for bait, chum or purposes other than fish meal reduction.

At sunrise on May 21st our bunker will be removed, as well as all of the LARGE underneath them.

Interestingly in my quick research I could find no legislation or regulation acting as a statutory foundation for the creation, administration or powers of the New Jersey Marine Fisheries Council. Maybe it was done at some point by Executive Order. I filed FOIA requests with NJDEP today so we will see what happens. Could be a new angle in the war.

[This message has been edited by hcw (edited 03-30-2001).]

HCW, Great work, Is it possible that the whole NJMFC is illegal and have no athority to set regulations. The down side of that fight would be the throwing out of all their Regs. including the few good ones.

See you on SUN.

Jim