"The Rising"

"Last To Die"

"Long Walk Home"

Encore:

"Thundercrack"

"Born To Run"

"Darlington County"

"American Land"

Of all the times I have seen Bruce, I don't think I ever seen him do Candy's Room live.

I saw him at the Meadowlands a few years ago in a heavy downpour. Our cheap seats under the cover way back top didn't seem so cheap when the skies opened.

In the middle of the heaviest stuff, he broke into Who'll Stop the Rain, and an assortment of other songs we assume were not on the playlist. Talking to folks who saw other shows that week, he must have added an hour to the concert.

There is nothing like the threat of electrocution to bring out the best in a performer.

View PostI saw him at the Meadowlands a few years ago in a heavy downpour. Our cheap seats under the cover way back top didn't seem so cheap when the skies opened.

In the middle of the heaviest stuff, he broke into Who'll Stop the Rain, and an assortment of other songs we assume were not on the playlist. Talking to folks who saw other shows that week, he must have added an hour to the concert.

There is nothing like the threat of electrocution to bring out the best in a performer.

Here ya go Mike. I can't find a show where he played it in the middle of the set list.

I was at the July 18th show...amongst many that summer. smile.gif

July 21 / East Rutherford, NJ / Giants Stadium

Notes: Another wet night in Jersey, as a monster storm soaks the proceedings halfway through. But if this is what a storm brings, let it rain: "Jackson Cage"-"Night"-"Prove It"-"Trapped" anyone? Thought so. And that just gets us to song six. There was also a full-band "For You," and lots of audibles including "Cadillac Ranch" ("we usually slow things down now, but we'll keep it fast so you can stay warm!"). The encores brought special guest Vini "Mad Dog" Lopez for "Spirit in the Night," plus audibles "Where the Bands Are" and "Hungry Heart." The weather didn't keep "Rosie" away (she's now four for four), but this was a rare occasion that Bruce didn't jump at the chance to play "Who'll Stop the Rain." Maybe this one felt too big for that ol' Creedence magic to have much of an effect. Things were nasty enough that there was some talk of taking a breather, but the show must (and did) go on, clocking in at over three hours and 27 songs.

Setlist: The Rising/Lonesome Day/Jackson Cage/Night/Prove It All Night/Trapped/Empty Sky/Waitin' on a Sunny Day/For You/The Promised Land/Worlds Apart/Badlands/Out in the Street/Mary's Place/Cadillac Ranch/Into the Fire/No Surrender

First Encore: Spirit in the Night (with Vini Lopez)/Where the Bands Are/Bobby Jean/Ramrod/Born to Run

Second Encore: My City of Ruins/Land of Hope and Dreams/Rosalita/Hungry Heart/Dancing in the Dark

July 18 / East Rutherford, NJ / Giants Stadium

Notes: A wet and rainy night three, but on the plus side that means "Who'll Stop the Rain" to open. Perhaps still trying to dry things off, Bruce jumps from "Empty Sky" straight to "Waitin' on a Sunny Day" for the first time. But the rain kept coming down.... Some choice Darkness rarities in the main set, "Something in the Night" and "Racing in the Street." And in the six-song first encore: "Cadillac Ranch," the "Detroit Medley," and special guest Garland Jeffreys on the ? and the Mysterians classic, "96 Tears." (Jeffreys last guested with Bruce at the 2001 Holiday shows.) As for "Rosie," she's three for three!

Setlist: Who'll Stop the Rain/The Rising/Lonesome Day/The Ties That Bind/My Love Will Not Let You Down/Something in the Night/Empty Sky/Waitin' on a Sunny Day/You Can Look/Worlds Apart/Badlands/She's the One/Mary's Place/Racing in the Street/Into the Fire/No Surrender

First Encore: Cadillac Ranch/96 Tears (with Garland Jeffreys)/Bobby Jean/Glory Days/Detroit Medley/Born to Run

Second Encore: My City of Ruins/Land of Hope and Dreams/Rosalita/Dancing in the Dark

Mike, I was at that show. I was their with a buddy and we sat there and just took it and enjoyed the show! (In fact I am wearing the #3 shirt now) I also went a couple nights later but this time with my wife. It rained that night as well, and after the first couple drops she took off for cover. She told me that I could stay and watch if I wanted to, but it more or less ruined the show for me.

View PostMike, I was at that show. I was their with a buddy and we sat there and just took it and enjoyed the show! (In fact I am wearing the #3 shirt now) I also went a couple nights later but this time with my wife. It rained that night as well, and after the first couple drops she took off for cover. She told me that I could stay and watch if I wanted to, but it more or less ruined the show for me.

I went to 7 out of 10 of that run at Giants Stadium, plus all three at Shea, plus others. I've lost count. redface.gif

concert play lists don't stay with me long (often, long gone from my memory bank by the morning) and I guess he opened with who'll stop the rain. I probably thought it was after a break cause it seemed that we were staring and the downpour for so long.

koq, your notes say 3+ hours. I recall speaking to a bud who went on a dry night (it may have been a friday, but who knows) and he said he saw a much shorter show. Is it possible?

View Postconcert play lists don't stay with me long (often, long gone from my memory bank by the morning) and I guess he opened with who'll stop the rain. I probably thought it was after a break cause it seemed that we were staring and the downpour for so long.

koq, your notes say 3+ hours. I recall speaking to a bud who went on a dry night (it may have been a friday, but who knows) and he said he saw a much shorter show. Is it possible?

I believe that was the Saturday show...something like 19 songs, the shortest of the run.

That stuff ^ is all from Backstreets, in the 2003 set list, not memory. smile.gif

I've seen the Boss over Twenty times.

The last time my wife was pregnant with my son. He must have heard the concert as he's a fist pumpin Springsteen fan.

My son turned 8 one day before Bruce's B-day. I Hope I get to take him to the show.