Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HardyG

MY DAD BEAT PROSTATE CANCER!!!!

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

Amen! lg_smile.gif

That's awesome my friend, truly awesome - give yer dad a big hug from TimS and pat yerself on the back for never giving losing faith! icon14.gif

TimS

God is with you & your dad. I feel so good for you as I just Buried My Dad Three weeks ago because of cancer. Don't forget to thank god for your miracle. May the blessings stay with you'all & God Speed!

The Scorp!

------------------

The Scorp!

A Fisherman without fish,

is like water without wet. Just don't feel right.

<*>¿<*>We're Coming!

Scorp,

My condolences about your dad. I know the fear, uncertainty, sleepless nights and sadness that this dreaded disease brings. Part of me is elated about the news, and part of me is sad, as I think of all the families who did not get the good news that we did. In thinking about it, it is now my obligation as one of the lucky ones to get out there and promote awareness. Prostate cancer can be beaten if caught early, but men don't know enough about it to go and get tested. Prostate cancer kills the same number of men that breast cancer kills women, but it only receives 1/10 of the research and awareness funding. My mom beat breast cancer because she saw an ad that recommended a mammogram; she got one, they found it, and removed the tumor two weeks later. That was 11 years ago and she is fine. It's not that breast cancer gets too much attention, it's that prostate cancer does not get enough. That's not right, and I'm gonna do something about it.

Congratulations and best wishes to you and your dad, Rich.

The level of publicity and funding for prostate vs breast cancer has been a pet peeve of mine for some time. Unfortunately, in these pc times anything I say about guys not "complaining" enough and being more active in this regard get taken wrong. Maybe it's my usual sarcastic manner that does it icon15.gif

Perhaps mostly male internet forums like this are a good place to start.