Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wayne Tj

Anyone having luck with 9" Slugg-O's

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Friday night I went out to a South Shore LI inlet to see if there was any thing happening. Overall things were very quite (read skunk) until I started digging in the truck to see what I might throw next. I came upon some Slugg-O's which I had rigged according to RichR's article on this site. I decided to try a red one on the back side of the inlet. I was glad that I did biggrin.gif I also had luck with one on a plain lead jig in the inlet. Net result was two keepers 13 & 16#.

Anyone else out there using them with success?

just cuz i got 30 9" slugs in my bag in 4 colors along with 2 lbs of 3oz jig heads should not be construed that i find them an effective lure for say jiggin the canal...wink.gif...meerly a coincidence...icon14.gif

john m-

i have used the slugs unweighted on a couple of occasions but i did have some success even then...casting them unweighted is a little tough sometimes...

biggest issue i have with the big slugs is that you'll know real quick if there are any blues around...cwm23.gif

Wonder how much you'd kill the action if you rigged one like an eel with a second hook near the tail. Wouldn't save the sluggo but at least you might stick the tail-biting bastages.