Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bluefish1928thing

loudest and splashiest popper

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

wht is the loudest popper you ever fished. what is the talkiest poppers as in splashing the most water popper you had every fished? the loudest lure i know is the chug bug, unless there is a lure out there i have not tried.

The big Gag's grabber poppers are loud. They have a deep face and a lot of rattles in them. They kick up a moderate amount of water but I think that's because the face is much deeper than it is wide.

I don't know about the loudest or splashiest, but by far the "best" popper I've ever worked was built by SOL member H'Islander. Cast like a dream, moved a lot of water, sat nicely at rest, great finish, etc. Unfortunately, I lost mine earlier this summer, and can't get my hands on another. Nothing I;ve tried before or since seems to work quite as well.

I been playing with a popper design for a few years and finally got it just the way I want it. Casts a mile, throws a big spray of water - then it pops, really makes a big commotion. I did extremely well with it this spring.

Sits straight up and down with the loop at water level. When you give a pull the scooped face throws a spray then the cupped top pops.

View PostI been playing with a popper design for a few years and finally got it just the way I want it. Casts a mile, throws a big spray of water - then it pops, really makes a big commotion. I did extremely well with it this spring.

Sits straight up and down with the loop at water level. When you give a pull the scooped face throws a spray then the cupped top pops.

Attachment 64368

BRILLIANT!