Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
digger

Pickled pepper pics and garden stuff

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

The growing season is winding down for me. All in all, it was a great year for homegrown producedrool.gif

All that is left for me to do is a case of cayenne peppers sauce and whole berry cranberry sauce. The cayennes are almost ready, but I'm going to wait till next weekend to allow the bulk of them to go fully ripe.

Here are some pics of stuff I've puit up in jars for the coming winter. I pulled some of the stuff out of a spare refrigerator in the basement so they are a little sweaty.

Those of you who attend the Food Fling in February will surely get the chance to sample the half gallon jars of mixed pickeled green tomatos, whole sweet peppers and hot pepper strips. Hope to see you all there!

pickled_peppers_002.jpg

pickled_peppers_005.jpg

pickled_peppers_003.jpg

pickled_peppers_004.jpg

Digger

Doing a lot of remodeling on the home front so the garden became a landfill. I did get some potted tomatoes that did well until they started developing blossom rot seemed like one pot got it and a week later the other two did as well.

Any one know why or how blossom rot happens?

They are not quite ready yet here, but I will gather them myself after the commercial harveters go through. When they are done flooding the bogs for Ocean Spray, I go to the windward shore of a bog and scoop out a 5 gallon pail of leftover berries. They are a pain to separate from the twigs and unripe berries, but it's really worth it. Homemade cranberry sauce is the BEST!

Digger