Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the broken bobber

Petri Fish Jig

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Yes they work, and well.

What have you caught on them Dave? I bet they'd really work on summer flounder- don't ever remember seeing a yearling flounder in a striper stomach- then again, I'm not sure I ever checked.

I bought a few of them years ago when they first showed up here in local NJ shops. Used them in the PP Canal, and caught plenty of fish with them there. Also used it alot fishing in the Navesink River, caught fish up to 32# on them. It was hard to find them for a long time and my supply finally ran out, but I got a bud who just made the mold of every size Petri Jig, plus he's making the bodies too, back in business icon14.gif . Definitley try them later this month when the flounders show up in the rivers.

don't ever remember seeing a yearling flounder in a striper stomach- then again, I'm not sure I ever checked.

I have seen flounder stacked like flap-jacks in bass' stomachs here in Monmouth County. I remember Bob Matthews of the Spring Lake club had a bass that had something like 20 flounders in it's belly. My 52# had a 2# fluke in it's gut lol.

don't ever remember seeing a yearling flounder in a striper stomach- then again, I'm not sure I ever checked.

My 52# had a 2# fluke in it's gut lol.

Hay Dave- I said yearling flounder. Then again, I have never caught a 52# Bass- NICE icon14.gif

These things really work but be warned, the weight of the jig head gives the fish a lot of leverage and it will wear a big hole in the fishes mouth allowing him to throw the hook. I've used them in the past and lost some nice fish (over 40 pounds) due to the above reasons. But they do catch fish.

I don't think Steve is making these anymore. I'm sure if someone wanted them, and couldn't find them in a shop, they could figure out a way to contact him and ask him if he has any.

I believe he made these for drifting the canals near his hose. As a kid he'd fish with his DAd and notice at certain times Bass & evcerythign else's bellies would be stuffed with Baby Flounders. He worked on a mold, eventually settling on the one he made into the Production model. All Petri products are hand poured in his apartment/house - you really can't say that about many if any other "commercially" available products. Gota love a guy who sees somethng that works, and works at making something to match that match.

Having said that - I have a few, never used them, lol.

I have seen flounder stacked like flap-jacks in bass' stomachs here in Monmouth County. I remember Bob Matthews of the Spring Lake club had a bass that had something like 20 flounders in it's belly. My 52# had a 2# fluke in it's gut lol.

Ditto, I've seen them stacked in stripers stomach's several times. In the Spring they love the flounders. icon14.gif