Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BillN

New World Record Fluke!!!

Rate this topic

121 posts in this topic

When I broke the neck and sunk that ugly fish back to the bottom I never thought I'd see it again confused.gif What does it take to kill a Fluke ?

Now Monica checks it in as a new World Record ?? mad.gif

Only kidding and jealous. Congratulations clapping.gificon14.gif

View PostSome people are very lucky. Some people are too lucky to believe.

Which is she? Time will tell.

I don't buy it - on top of that weakie and some other fish she has purportedly caught within a short period of time.

If I am wrong, good for her!!!!

If not, it is my opinion she is suffering from something similar to munchausen by proxy - some kinda lookatmeee!!!!!! disease. So, I forgive her, but really....

An 18 + pound weak fish (shattering the NJ woman's record and close to the state record and not far from a world record) and a 24 pound fluke (shattering all records) in approximately a twelve month period in some of the most heavily fished waters in the world. She caught both???? ALONE on a boat??? These aren't line class records. These are monster fish records.

Hope I am wrong. But that is just TOO much of a coincidence for me to buy without having seen her pull up the fish with my own two eyes. (For what it is worth, I think that lightening struck with the weakie - I just don't buy the fluke).

icon14.gif Summed up my feelings exactly. Hope I am wrong - and nothing to do with jealousy of any type. There are a lot of people that are far better fishermen/women than I am and probably will ever be. Just seems odd to get 2 fish like she did in about a 12 month period. Fishing requires skill & luck. Don't doubt her skills, but do doubt her luck.

View Postconfused.gif I have unhooked alot of fish but I never tore the head off one in the process. Reguardless a fantastik fat flattie.icon14.gif

And you're probably not a nurse, either.

Would you want her taking out a Foley catheter? cwm31.gifcwm27.gif

View PostAnd you're probably not a nurse, either.

Would you want her taking out a Foley catheter? cwm31.gifcwm27.gif

D@mn- never though of that angle, Ditch cwm31.gif

I have fished for fluke for many years. Even back in the days before mono line, but I don't ever recall fishing for fluke with "65 lb." test line.

Maybe with her uncanny success, Monica is setting a new trend in fluke fishing techniques. I always thought it was "Big Bait-Big Fish" , maybe it was supposed to be "Big Line-Big Fish".

View PostI have fished for fluke for many years. Even back in the days before mono line, but I don't ever recall fishing for fluke with "65 lb." test line.

Maybe with her uncanny success, Monica is setting a new trend in fluke fishing techniques. I always thought it was "Big Bait-Big Fish" , maybe it was supposed to be "Big Line-Big Fish".

I've fluke fished with 50# and 65# braid plenty of times - consider her 65# braid is much thinner than 20# mono HappyWave.gif

Funny thing, waaaay back before everyone else start fishing braid, I was accused of being an idiot for fishing 50# braid for striped bass on WMI freak.gifsmile.gif Not that I'm not an idiot or anything bucktooth.gif

TimS

i use 12 lb mono for fluke most of the time, the only exception is when i fish from shore, using a 2500 sized reel ill use 20 lb braid...im not too fond of using braided line for fluke because if you set the hook a bit too hard you make a nice hole in the flukes lip and ive found i drop a lot of fish that way...even when using a 10 foot piece of mono out in front of the braid

There is no way that weakie is 18 pounds at 33". Not only does it not look it but my biggest ever, a 36"er was 15.5 pounds. All of the 18 pounders that I saw in the 80's were at least that and most at 38". Can you say Fuhgayzeeee?

I'm with Vinny on the whole chick, not just the waekie or the fluke. Methinks she's got some funny stuff going on.

View PostThere is no way that weakie is 18 pounds at 33". Not only does it not look it but my biggest ever, a 36"er was 15.5 pounds. All of the 18 pounders that I saw in the 80's were at least that and most at 38". Can you say Fuhgayzeeee?

I'm with Vinny on the whole chick, not just the waekie or the fluke. Methinks she's got some funny stuff going on.

I said from the start that the weak is phonier than the fluke wink.gif

The ones under 38" were also spring fish loaded with roe, rather than August fish loaded with???