Awesome John

What is your dream tackle that you would like to see the manufactures finally make!

Rate this topic

83 posts in this topic

I'd love to see a high quality plug carrying BACKPACK. Same material as existing high end surf bags. But just a backpack with pockets, compartments, and tubes! I don't care if it costs $700!  :idea:

On 12/9/2001 at 1:50 PM, Cool Hand Fluke said:

Or one that channges color with the water temp to match certain bait.

Call it “the mood minnow” haha. 

Fixed hook wobble eel jigs in tin & under 1oz.   Stuff in the 1/2oz and under range would be nice.   Weedguard would give me heart flutters. 

I gotta get around to making a mold for em. Then maybe I'll stop bitchin about em. :niffty:

Posted (edited) · Report post

More companies providing rod blanks that are 2-4 piece that are made from their top of the line models, such as Rainshadow making an RX9 or RX10 that is NOT just one piece.  You cannot really feel the difference from a 1 to 2 so long as the material of the blank is similar and the technology for connecting them has eliminated breaks there now.  Face the reality "Global Warming" is real and getting worse, thus we will all need to travel more often to get onto quality fishing so how can you do so without a rod that will breakdown?  I would like to see more 2 piece rods!

Edited by zudo

2 hours ago, zudo said:

More companies providing rod blanks that are 2-4 piece that are made from their top of the line models, such as Rainshadow making an RX9 or RX10 that is NOT just one piece.  You cannot really feel the difference from a 1 to 2 so long as the material of the blank is similar and the technology for connecting them has eliminated breaks there now.  Face the reality "Global Warming" is real and getting worse, thus we will all need to travel more often to get onto quality fishing so how can you do so without a rod that will breakdown?  I would like to see more 2 piece rods!

More 2pc? I'd like to see the top manufacturers making more 1pc rods

1 min ago, TheSuperApe said:

More 2pc? I'd like to see the top manufacturers making more 1pc rods

Most blanks now are primarily one piece and people think that there is a better feel but in reality a human cannot perceive any difference in my opinion and I talked to many custom rod builders whom have made thousands of rods and they agree it is just hype.  How can you travel as today with global warming many local spots are getting limited in quality then how will you bring a huge one piece on a plane or even typical cars?  I think people have thought a one piece is better but today you will need to travel to go to better places so there is no reason for one piece.  I have high quality 2 to 4 piece rods and there is not detectable feel between those and my one piece rods but I cannot bring those long rods anywhere but to fish local.  The lame thing is that the best blanks are not offered in multi piece often

I would like a 10 foot rod that actually floats because it’s lighter than air and a reel with 60 lbs pf drag that holds 400 yards of 30 lb test and weighs 4 oz.

3 hours ago, zudo said:

If I could find my gsb with same feel, same durability, etc. only in a 4 piece… I would buy in a heartbeat. It would never leave the truck. 

13 mins ago, 1amson said:

If I could find my gsb with same feel, same durability, etc. only in a 4 piece… I would buy in a heartbeat. It would never leave the truck. 

what happens is most blank companies do not make multi-piece rods with their top of the line materials; like Rainshadow they have RX10 and guess what they are only in 1 piece, and their next best RX9 has only a few two piece and then the majority of 2 piece or 4 piece spinning blanks are down to their 3rd to 5th level materials.  Guess what fly rod blanks are available for the RX10 and RX9 but why not spinning or casting?  Fly guys get the quality and we get limited because people think 1 piece is better :(

23 mins ago, zudo said:

what happens is most blank companies do not make multi-piece rods with their top of the line materials; like Rainshadow they have RX10 and guess what they are only in 1 piece, and their next best RX9 has only a few two piece and then the majority of 2 piece or 4 piece spinning blanks are down to their 3rd to 5th level materials.  Guess what fly rod blanks are available for the RX10 and RX9 but why not spinning or casting?  Fly guys get the quality and we get limited because people think 1 piece is better :(

Fly rods don't receive the same amount of force during a cast compared to spin or conv. Not a great comparison. 

My experience differs, many nice rods I see not available in 1 pc over 7 of 8ft.