Awesome John

What is your dream tackle that you would like to see the manufactures finally make!

Rate this topic

83 posts in this topic

All this high tech tackle is great... but its seems there are some "should be built models" that are not made yet that we all would like to see produced...

You can list them here and rest assured that the manufactures are reading this thread. So tell em what you want... !!!!

What are the new models of dream tackle that you would buy "the second" it came out?..

Heres mine!!!

* I want a "fully water proof" TICA Taurus 6000 and 7000. "with a bail that wont snap shut while casting".

*I want a "Light weight" 250 Van Staal with a 5.9 to one retreive and a bail! And I dont want to pay more that 250 bucks for it.

*I want a 12 foot Ron Arra spinner rated 1 to 3 oz. And a second 12 ft spinner rated 1.5 to 5 oz.

* I want an all aluminum Nautil series one step up in pro quality from what we have now.

* I want a 7000 and 7500 size Abu Mag elite CT C3 and I want them to be available in left hand models.

* I want a left handed Penn 525 mag and a left handed Penn 535 mag.

* I want some one to make a pair of korkers that "work" and dont "cost over 35 bucks"

* I want a Danny Muso pencil popper..

* I want Orvis to make "3XL big size breathable wadders"

* I want Tica to make a long cast Mag type conventional 13 ball bearing reel for 115 bucks and blow everyone out of the water.. "they can do it!"!

* I want Habs to finally send Tim those 2 oz and 3 once needles we are all waiting for.

" I want to see some one make an electrically heated 5ft 10 inch blonde inflatable Striped Bass doll with vibrating lips pre lubed with smelly jelly for those long cold nights in the van.

Whats your Dream Tackle? Let the manufactures know about it!

I like the daiwa saltiga z, but don't like the cost and availability of it. Shimano has some new saltwater version of the stella. Not sure exactly what that is all about but it would sure be nice. Once again though price and availability is the problem. That waterproof tica taurus idea would be nice for sure. The lighter they can make equipment the better too. How about braided line that is as easy to fish as mono.

------------------

Nate from MA

How about braided line covered with a mono jacket? Now that would be great if they could do it...

great idea bro!

At least you could tie knots with it and it would'nt "come alive and do everything in its power to wrap itself around your rod tip" at 4 AM as you invent new english curse words to tame it.

Ok you asked for it - I want a smart plug, you know with all the hi tech bombs we have why not a plug that seeks out and attachs itself to any 50 pounder in the area. biggrin.gif

I want Pen to invent a modular reel system for their baitcasters. Using interchangeable parts yopu could make anything from the 955 to the 80 sized reel. You could interchange spools, gears, all modular and completely interchangeable. Scott

10x, I think those split cane sticks may be a little whippy to be throwing large wood wink.gif .

I would like to see Penn change a few things on the 9x5 reels. I would like to see bearings where the bushings are and have the spool disengage from the shaft on the cast so that it will cast as well as an Abu. While they are at it, they could make the levelwind guide a little larger, maybe the wire type like the abus. Also they could improve spool access a little, more like the 975 cs, but with a levelwind. That, IMHO, would make it the best large sized levelwind reel. Or Abu could just put a stinking anti-reverse bearing in the 7000 sized reels and save Penn the trip back to the drawing board. I suppose while they are adding the anti-reverse bearing, they could machine the gears a little bit deeper so that they will accept and ht100 drag stack. Either situation would be a great improvement on what is currently available.

Angryeel

I'd like a GS reel that duplicates the Newell 229 in spool size and height above the rod.

The 525 is fine but a little small, to my taste. The 535 is definitely too tall for my taste. The 229 is the epitome of reel ergonomics, in size suitable for surf use; large enough for big drum on bait, small enough for most plugging. And why do you have to pay Abel or Van Staal prices for a pair of pliers with a lanyard? Most pliers don't die, they get lost, and a lanyard would save them. Manley quality is good enough.

I want Don Musso to put the old MagnaStrike Predator back into production, and make a three ounce darter. Never mind the P newells

- I wouldn't mind a G 220 in my stocking. As far as Penn spinners go, a larger Slammer would be nice to see, and one with a longer and shallower spool profile.

I would like the reel companies to make left handed conventional reels as available as right handed versions. I have an Abu 6500C3 and a Maurado both in left hand but a little small for the work I need them for. I also have a Shimano Calcutta 700 in of course the right hand version which is a pain in the butt for me to use. I was told that Shimano is coming out with a left hand version of the 400 Calcutta in TE form 300.00 plus. This will probably be my next reel purchase. Left hand is what I am used to and why should I have to try and change just because that's all that is available. I think there is a viable market for this type of reel they just have to make them. Also would love to get trolling trim tabs for the boat, Lenco makes these and they are great but at 1,500.00 the cost is very steep, can't somebody come up with an affordable version of this same idea. There's alot of other things but space and time is limited.

------------------

O991738.jpg

Tightlines,

Mike

Hey Brian, the G-series are nice as long as you have a spare handle. I hve 3 P-series and 1 G-series(in 220), and the P-220 is far superior,doesn't even sound like a washing machine. To each his own I guess. smile.gif

BrianBM,

Can you post a photo of any Don Musso plugs? If you have a sample, I'll take a wack at making one. You get one for providing the model. If not a photo will do.

Awesome,

You can have you 12' Arra, 1-3 oz. That's an easy one. Have a XRA1321 extended. Lami actually makes a butt extension for some surf models.

One of these years I will have to get a digicam. A nice film scanner first .... Musso = Super Strike. I don't wish to be unnecessarily snide, but I'd like a 3 oz darter that isn't Gibbs. The Super Strike plastics are consistent, tough and reasonably priced. I don't like the casting swimmer as well as I do the Little Neck, but it's good enough. Email me your address and I'll send you a Predator, though, that'd be nice to see back even though I have a dozen. Newell Guy, I have one novelty Newell that I'll have to show you sometime - a pre-P 344 that wears 440 sideplates. The only thing that tells you it isn't a 440 is the lack of harness rings, or cutouts for them. And my G229 was my main surf and partyboat reel for a long, long time.