Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TLDig

Odd for Women Fishermen to NOT want to be hit on while fishing?

Rate this topic

191 posts in this topic

Don't wanna hijack the other thread any worse than I have...

So answer me this... is it odd for a woman fishermen to NOT want to be hit on while out fishing?

Fishing IS the great equalizer. When I'm fishing, I'm FISHING. So why is it that some ******* always has to ruin it by trying to hit on me???

If I wanna get hit on I'll go to a bar. I don't go to bars.

I'm ok with good natured ribbing about ovaries and the likes, but when it crosses the line, it pisses me RIGHT off.

Yesterday was MISERABLE. The weather sucked, the ocean was rough, I bruised the hell out of my left gurl nugget and all, but we won some money at the end of the day and I never have to see or speak to the bastard who was continued to hit on me... especially the drunker he got.

He's damned lucky he didn't go for a swim.

Even the Captain said he doesn't want the guy back on his boat... EVER.

That kind of weather and conditions is no place or time to be drinking as much as he drank.

Our Captain/teammate did make the call to go in to the bay when he felt that it was no longer safe for us to stay out in the ocean. I respect that. I feel that half the reason he made that call was because we had drunk ass creepy guy on board.

Anyways, just a hint to you fishermen... women fishermen don't go fishing to get hit on. We go fishing to FISH.

That is all. Just needed to get that out.

If ya don't want to get hit on you'll need to wear clothes while you're fishing cause when ya show up in PJ's, it's a bit confusing to the other fishermen as to what your fishing for.cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

Jerry : I swear, I have absolutely no idea what women are thinking. I don't get it, okay? I... I... I admit, I, I'm not getting the signals. I am not getting it! Women, they're so subtle, their little... everything they do is subtle. Men are not subtle, we are obvious. Women know what men want, men know what men want, what do we want? We want women, that's it! It's the only thing we know for sure, it really is. We want women. How do we get them? Oh, we don't know 'bout that, we don't know. The next step after that we have no idea. This is why you see men honking car-horns, yelling from construction sites. These are the best ideas we've had so far. The car-horn honk, is that a beauty? Have you seen men doing this? What is this? The man is in the car, the woman walks by the front of the car, he honks. E-eeehh, eehhh, eehhh! This man is out of ideas. How does it...? E-e-e-eeeehhhh! "I don't think she likes me." The amazing thing is, that we still get women, don't we? Men, I mean, men are with women. You see men with women. How are men getting women, many people wonder. Let me tell you a little bit about our organization. Wherever women are, we have a man working on the situation right now. Now, he may not be our best man, okay, we have a lot of areas to cover, but someone from our staff is on the scene. That's why, I think, men get frustrated, when we see women reading articles, like "Where to meet men?" We're here, we are everywhere. We're honking our horns to serve you better

View PostIf ya don't want to get hit on you'll need to wear clothes while you're fishing cause when ya show up in PJ's, it's a bit confusing to the other fishermen as to what your fishing for.cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

yes, because nothing is sexier than flannel pj's. rolleyes.gif

especially when covered by gore-tex pants with a fleece bunny suit underneath and an oversized sweatshirt and tennis shoes.

and since it was a tournament, it was OBVIOUS what i was fishing for... fish.

moon.gif

and BBM... some of us have just HAD it with men.

i'd rather spend the rest of my life alone then to get into another relationship at this point in my life. i don't want a man, i don't need a man. that's why moocks is one of my best friends. he's a constant reminder of why i am NOT in a relationship!! and of course, vise versa.wink.gif

sure ok, it's been 4 years now... but it might take another 10 before i feel like i want to be with a man again. and i gotta tell you, the longer i live alone, the harder it is for me to imagine some man coming into my life and screwing up my routine, getting all up in my space and bothering me.

and worst than a man hitting on me, is a drunk guy with a ****ing mullet worried about how he wished he coulda taken a shower in the morning because his hair was oily as he cracked open another beer at 7 am.

that man woulda hit on a hole in a tree. if there had been a sheep on the boat, we'd never have seen him.

yeeeeaaaahhhh um no. i looked nothing like that. not even close.

i forgot to add in fish blood and scales and guts and bed hair shoved under a tangerine colored SOL cap to that visual.

View Postand BBM... some of us have just HAD it with men.

i'd rather spend the rest of my life alone then to get into another relationship at this point in my life. i don't want a man, i don't need a man. that's why moocks is one of my best friends. he's a constant reminder of why i am NOT in a relationship!! and of course, vise versa.wink.gif

sure ok, it's been 4 years now... but it might take another 10 before i feel like i want to be with a man again. and i gotta tell you, the longer i live alone, the harder it is for me to imagine some man coming into my life and screwing up my routine, getting all up in my space and bothering me.

and worst than a man hitting on me, is a drunk guy with a ****ing mullet worried about how he wished he coulda taken a shower in the morning because his hair was oily as he cracked open another beer at 7 am.

that man woulda hit on a hole in a tree. if there had been a sheep on the boat, we'd never have seen him.

The only woman I fish with is my wife. She doesn't like me hitting on her in the boat either! Just kidding, sorry to hear some guy ruined your day TLDig. A guy with a mullet no less! biggrin.gif

Tam, it's the aholes that look to take a shot whenever they see a woman. The women they can't say no to him and if they do it only makes him go harder at them. Or the end result is once they tell him off, hit him with something or toss him overboard the woman is gay. That's his end of the story because they didn't want him.

I seen it on too many golf trips.

My wife and her bestest friend used to golf together om Monday evenings. They constantly had to tell the players that wanted to join them no, no thanks you can play through, no we don't want any company, we are playing slow go ahead and play through. They did this because they were enjoying the round, the evening and each others company. Bu the guys used to drive them nuts.

when i'm out fishing ... i want to do just that. fish.

i hate it when strangers want to distract you with chit-chat.

and tam ... while i sympathize with your plight, at least it was a guy hitting on you and not some a butch dyke.

Must be a real loser if the only place he can get up the courage to hit on women is a fishing boat and he has to get drunk on top of that.

beatin.gif

You can go to any bar and have women hitting on you if you're a guy (and maybe women too...hee hee).