Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
monsterZ

Surf fishing tackle shop

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

View PostHey,

I don't know where exactly in central jersey you are, but near my area there is a decent store called Harry's Army Navy, it is on rt.130 in bordentown, just south of the entrance to 195. They have a pretty big fishing department with a very knowledgeable staff, and they have good sales every once in a while. There are also a bunch of shops down by the shore, I like Scott's Bait and Tackle in Bradley Beach. Hope that helped.

Alex

Harry's is good but I like Sportsman Center in Bordentown for fishing info. Scott's is good too. There is one guy I like at Gate's in Pt. Pleasant. He takes the time to help you with any questions you may have but hurry, the place is for sale.

Thanks for the help guys, very much appreciated!! I've been reading posts on SOL and all, but it's different when you come to the store and have that rod in your hand. Then you have more questions..

I definitely have 3 or 4 new locations to visit now! I know my wife will kill me after, but gotta go check them out! Cheers!

Down in the Seaside Park area you have a few shops which means some competition. Check them all out. Then give your business to theone that treats you the best. Keep giving them the business and they will take care of you.

I have always dealt with Bettey and Nicks. They treat me very well!!

monster,

Fairfield Tackle is not too far from Madison.. they have a knowledgable staff and some good gear as well.. they are located on rt 46E in fairfield/pinebrook.. you can google them for a number and an address.

BBM just what is it you find "a bit over priced" at Scott's?? Been to most of the B&T around Mo and Oc and they are in the ball park with all the ones I have seen... just want to know for my own information....

you guys are killing me. the online store here has anything you are ever going to need in the surf, and only items that have been field tested by hardcore surf fishermen, not surplus junk or the lure of the week. questions? throw up a post in any of the 30 something free forums and get first hand experience from said anglers. support the site icon14.gif