how did ya come up with your member name?

Rate this topic

g2h

some of the member names are easy enough to figure out how they came up with them (ie, cheif, mr. dad) but some other ones aren't.. how did you come up with your member name?

i had a manager that knew i loved to fish, every project he put me on, when it was complete, he'd always say that's good to hook man, great job... got to a point where i was his go to guy so he just started calling me good to hook..i kinda like it. whenever i get a boat, that's what her name will be.

what's your story? what's in your name?

View PostI didn't, my mother did.

Why do people feel the need for secret code names?

If you have been on the internet for awhile there are a lot of weirdos that just may want to harass and or stalk you.

Tainter while PART of my family name is not my full name.

Tainter

View PostI'm dyslexic and thought my member name should be Brain.

I knew a guy named Brian that had his and his wifes name tattoed on him. It read: Pam & Brain. cwm27.gif

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

I grew up sailing in a Catboat a Marshall 18. First out of Wickford RI on Narragansett Bay, and then on Nantucket Sound south of Cape Cod. The catboat like the dory was one of the original working/fishing craft used used in the late 19th and early 20th century with a lot of use from Maine down to the Chesapeke. It's designed with a wide beam and a shallow draft and a cockpit that's big enough and ideal for fishing nets, lines, or lobster pots. It fits my fishing profile. cool.gif

Big Yankee fan, thus Highlander1. If ya' don't know it, the Yanks were originally the Highlanders. And I even drive a Highlander, but I'm not a bit Scot. So much for names. I wanted Squidlips but it was already taken, I shoulda' been as smart as Squid Lips #2, he got the name and the fame.cwm40.gif

"Thats as big as a fish that size gets" - Russ Wilson
RIP JM

View PostI grew up sailing in a Catboat a Marshall 18. First out of Wickford RI on Narragansett Bay, and then on Nantucket Sound south of Cape Cod. The catboat like the dory was one of the original working/fishing craft used used in the late 19th and early 20th century with a lot of use from Maine down to the Chesapeke. It's designed with a wide beam and a shallow draft and a cockpit that's big enough and ideal for fishing nets, lines, or lobster pots. It fits my fishing profile. cool.gif

We have a Catboat.

One of the oldest around now, and we have used it for commercial fishing, and fondly remember Oscar Pease and Vanity.

: )

Tainter