Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NJSurf

How to secure waders upsidedown for drying

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I bought this thing at a sporting goods store, but can't remember which one. It's a short peice of chain, maybe 6 inches, with a "S" made of steel the diamater of a pencil. Put'um on and hang'um from the ceiling. Works well and they were cheap, maybe 3 or four bucks a peice.

Ed J

I like to turn my waders inside out and stand them on a bar stool to dry out the condensation inside. I then hang them by the harness to dry the outside. I learned this fishing the Rockies but it works just as well fishing the flatland.

You can by one of those hangers or make your own. Go to the dry cleaner store and ask them for a drapery hanger. Not the kind your shirts come on but a much heavier wire hanger. Remove the cardboard dowel part and use your imagination to bend each wire into an "S" shape. I hang them from the boots to wash off and dry. I've got a pair of red ball adarondacs (sp) going on 10 years. Hope this helps.

Stu C

Kurt...Bass Pro Shops has a hanger made of plastic that mounts to a wall. I've got 'em and it works fantastic. Check them out too!

RR

PS...Fished the Fling area Sat AM for 5 hours...one hit. How depressing.... frown.gif

Forget hanginging them up. get yourself a peet boot dryer, with wader extentions. I live in waders the entire goose season from October to December and have dry feet every morning. They are available in all the catalogs, or I can help.

Good fishing,

Guatemala Dave

------------------