Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Law

Fishin' The Delaware

23 posts in this topic

Sounds good to me Chris if I happen to make it up later than planned I know of a few good winter catfish holes we could hit up as well. I spent years keeping these spots secret and tight to the vest and now I cant even fish them frown.gif

Catfishing the Big D is starting to heat up with the warming temps, we got 4 last night, nothing big all around 4 -6 lbs, i did lose a screamerfrown.gif ..lol..plus we had 5 other runners..all were caught on eel chunks >))>

We're off to Bulls island on Friday morning for a weekend of camping and fishing.

Fresh catties on the grill clapping.gif

And the best bait I've ever used for Channel Cats in the big D is small live sunnies

View PostWe're off to Bulls island on Friday morning for a weekend of camping and fishing.

Fresh catties on the grill clapping.gif

And the best bait I've ever used for Channel Cats in the big D is small live sunnies

Good luck sudsy have ya made it to the "spot" yet this year???

Have you guys found any way to reduce the number of eels you catch? I have infrequently fished the Delaware for catfish up near the Milford, PA area but when using chicken liver always seem to catch eels instead of catfish. Should I find a different location, different bait or is there something else that might prevent the number of eels being caught. Thanks.

philip.metz@genworth.com

View PostHave you guys found any way to reduce the number of eels you catch? I have infrequently fished the Delaware for catfish up near the Milford, PA area but when using chicken liver always seem to catch eels instead of catfish. Should I find a different location, different bait or is there something else that might prevent the number of eels being caught. Thanks.

philip.metz@genworth.com

I use eels cut them up and you will notice the size of the catfish you catch go up as well. Large shrimp are another way to cut down on the eels but you will still catch some

My family went camping with a group along the Delaware above 80, and I brought our canoe and 8# tackle for my son and I, not really expecting anything in there more than some smallies like we found much further up.

Holy crap! In that clear, low water we saw whole schools of huge catfish, a 4' pike and I believe a sturgeon. But nothing would take what we were offering. I tried drifting and jigging a rubber crawfish with crawfish jelly and a rattle, which got a follow from the pike and a missed hookset from a something, possibly a pickerel according to my son who saw it, but nothing else. He tried drifting a hot dog chunk for the cats. We tried Rapala's, spinners, bass assasins, curly tail jigheads, rubber worms, all to no avail. Boy was it frustrating. Are there no artificials that will work there?