Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hopeicatchsomething

Ever catch someone elses fish?

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

i got you all beat. in the 80s i was fishing off a pier in port aransas texas, using speck rigs. a lady next to me had a double on, and eventually broke off. the specs were swimming side by side with the hooks in their mouth, i was able to snag her rig with mine and reeled both fish up over the rail. two fish, and a spec rig in one cast, not a bad days work. i gave her back her fish and rig.biggrin.gif

Caught a fluke once by the eye of a three-way swivel from the rig of the last guy who broke it off. ``

I also had the dipleasure of catching the same blue shark three times in one day.

Coincidence I also caught a Fluke by the eye of a three way swivel. A 3lbr

Also I caught a shortie Fluke with a distinct scar across his back threw him over and caught him immediatly again.

I caught a short brook trout once and when I took it off the hook it slipped my grip, and fell into the water. On the way down it hit the hook and it's eye came out and was stuck on the hook. I laid my rod against the side of the canoe while I took a sip of my beverage and my rod started jumping next to me. I picked it up, and pulled the line out of the water. To my surprise there was a small, one-eyed brook trout on the hook. The darn thing ate it's own eye!

Weirdest thing happened to me one night a few years ago. I was fishing from the beach I get this hit on my eel. Let the fish swim a little before setting up. As I'm bring the fish in it seemed to all of a sudden get a lot heavier. When I finally brought the fish in it turned out to be a nice teen sized bass. What was really shocking was that somehow the bass grabbed a plastic shad with the umbrella and another bass attached. Ended up with two stripers and an umbrella rig with one cast! Story was so strange that Al Ristori wrote about it in the Star Ledger.

One time I snagged a lost rig by a guy fishing down the beach from me, there was a keeper flounder attached. He saw me bring it in, walked down the beach to check out my catch and said "thats crazy, I lost that rig an hour ago". I gave him his fish and his rig back.

we were trolling of off barnegat light with bunker spoons and whammm!!! huge strike had it coming in and it was a nice 18lb blue cam up to the boat and the leader snaped.. $35 rig in a mouth of a blue.. note to reader this one of maybe20 other huge blues sop the feathered trailer hook was stripped clean and had 2 hooks straighted.. so i lost the spoon and 4 hours of trolling later i hook in to another huge fish fought like crazy and it ending up beaning a 30lb bass with MY bunkerspoon in it . 2 hooks straightend adnd everything.. witha blue fish jaw hooked on the trailer.. i couldn't be live it.. confused.gifconfused.gifcwm13.gifcwm31.gifcwm31.gifbiggrin.gif

true storie...

caught a mako two weeks ago that had a large j hook in it's stomach, and a circle hook in the corner of it's mouth. I think he ran across a longliner or two in his day. cwm15.gif

Fished the inlet and did better then rig ......a boat heading out everyone was on the bridge 1 rod fell off the boat I saw it go threw 5oz at it and got it the boat never turn around and this rod is a high end type

the only thing I can think of is they didnt have it lock in if they want it back

they can have it.... all I got was the second part of the name

so to the boat that lost it........ tell me what it was....

the date and what time of day ....and what inlet

so you can get it back

Many years ago I caught a blue and was cutting off his head when the knife made a horrible noise. Inspection reviled a j - hook with a short mono leader, about a 5/0. More recently I was preparing a keeper bass when I noticed a buildup of tissue, inside of the tissue was the point of a 4/0 japanned J - hook.

And thirdly I once caught a tagged bass. But forty of you have caught bass I have tagged and gone to the trouble of returning the tag. Thanks!

Peace

Last month I was fishing next to a guy that lost a big fish on a bottom rig off a pier in Florida. I cast out with a live LY on and had almost an immediate take. When I landed a large Redfish it had his leader hanging out of it's mouth.

Fishing the Shrewsbury river one night I lost a brand new 2oz bottle plug. $10 was not happy. Half an hour later hooked and landed a nice slammer with my new bottle plug in it's mouth. Cheered up.

I caught a Largemouth Bass that had a rusting hook in the roof of it's mouth.

One day when I was fishing below Denison Dam at Lake Texoma, I saw 2 guys hook the same fish!!! One guy on the Oklahoma side of the river, the other guy in Texas. Both had a fish on when, all of a sudden, a small Striper splashed on the surface; one line going to one side of the river, the 2nd line going to the opposite side. The guy in Oklahoma let his neighbor to the south reel in and release "their" fish.

Regards,

William

This Spring I Was Casting Hi-lo Rig (i Tie My Own) With Clams And Had A Break-off 20 Mins Later Get A Run-off. Pick Up The Rod, Nothing! Set It Back Down Walk Back To My Bucket And My Neighbor

Hollers And I Have A Fish On. Reeled It Up And Had My Mono (yellow) Wrapped Around My Sputnik Sinker With A Bass On The End 29":D

View Post ... I saw 2 guys hook the same fish!!! One guy on the Oklahoma side of the river, the other guy in Texas...

If this had happened in a river that separates two countries, this might have triggered a war between the countries if neither fishermen wanted to give up the fish ... argue.gif