Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MegaLodon_Hunter

Game warden phone number with fastest reaction time?

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

View PostSo the Fish and Game guy next to you was there? Did he see what you were seeing and did nothing about it until someone called to complain? If that is the case then thumbd.gif to him.

I think you interpretted the situation wrong. He was likely doing a sting operation in plain clothes. They do that a lot of times, and bust the people after they have enough evidence against them.

Yeah its to call some of these wardens. I've fished the jetty's from AP to Deal and every now and again, you get some forgein or W.T. people come and take everything they can out of the ocean. I hope, just one time, one of them will touch a stargazerbiggrin.gif

View PostSo the Fish and Game guy next to you was there? Did he see what you were seeing and did nothing about it until someone called to complain? If that is the case then thumbd.gif to him.

my thoughts exactly.

the only thing i can think of is that the game warden was waiting for them to get as much contraband as possible before busting them

View Postmy thoughts exactly.

the only thing i can think of is that the game warden was waiting for them to get as much contraband as possible before busting them

yeah, that's smart.confused.gif

the whole idea behind the fishing regs are to protect the fish.

the undercover sat and waited for them to kill MORE fish so they can write a bigger summons. clapping.gif

View Postyeah, that's smart.confused.gif

the whole idea behind the fishing regs are to protect the fish.

the undercover sat and waited for them to kill MORE fish so they can write a bigger summons. clapping.gif

We don't know that until that point, the officer had observed the illlegal behavior. He may have been waiting for probable cause to be established to search the cooler and bags/tackle boxes. The phone call tip combined with what he saw may have provided him with the probable cause.

A few of us were fishing our to a kayak. We were anchored up in a line and were chumming on a slow day a week prior to the opening of summer flounder season. There were plenty of people fishing off the sod banks and a dozen other boats around. One boat was coming in a little hot. It was passing over anchor lines and was with in 10 feet when we started yelling. The guy finally identified himself as fish & game but boy was he annoying when he made one of us pull anchor and chum line. I can only assume he was checking to see if he had fish on a stringer. He finally disappeared without checking out any other boats. The number of questions he asked was kinda ridiculous. The only thing next was to ask if he could board our kayaks.

View PostThe number of questions he asked was kinda ridiculous. The only thing next was to ask if he could board our kayaks.

I've been hit up with a number of ridiculous questions by these guys, too. When I was home from Colorado for Christmas years ago, I decided to do some muzzleloader hunting. The Fish and Game guys really started to bug me with questions such as: Why are you hunting in NJ? Aren't there any deer in Colorado? Who's car is that your driving (what does that have to do with game laws - like I stole a car to go deer hunting)? headscratch.gif I'm thinking, "I paid $125 in license fees for this?"

I'm all in favor for busting people eggregiously keeping shorts and out of season fish, but it often seems they seek out legit looking anglers hoping for some mistake in their understanding of the voluminous game laws. The decent guys won't cause trouble most likely. If they go after the bunches of guys that are filling buckets with anything (the ones so often derided on this forum), they may actually have to do some law enforcement work.cwm13.gif

View PostI've been hit up with a number of ridiculous questions by these guys, too. When I was home from Colorado for Christmas years ago, I decided to do some muzzleloader hunting. The Fish and Game guys really started to bug me with questions such as: Why are you hunting in NJ? Aren't there any deer in Colorado? Who's car is that your driving (what does that have to do with game laws - like I stole a car to go deer hunting)? headscratch.gif I'm thinking, "I paid $125 in license fees for this?"

I'm all in favor for busting people eggregiously keeping shorts and out of season fish, but it often seems they seek out legit looking anglers hoping for some mistake in their understanding of the voluminous game laws. The decent guys won't cause trouble most likely. If they go after the bunches of guys that are filling buckets with anything (the ones so often derided on this forum), they may actually have to do some law enforcement work.cwm13.gif

The thing is that the decent guys who make a mistake are more apt to pay the summons whereas those who intentionally disregard the laws are more likely to ignore the summons. In the end, it's all about the $$$.