Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BassAssasin

Nautil 6500 GV

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Just got the 6500 GV last night and have not had a chance to use it yet. I was curious if anyone has had any premature bail closures. I like to rotate the spool to the position where it is locked against the bail trip mechanism so that there is no way for momentum to build during a cast thus decreasing the potential for premature bail closures. This isn't possible with the 6500, the point where it locks against the trip does not allow for casting. Any comments appreciated.

actually, the bail on my 7500 was closing when i had it opened next to the bail trip...i fixed the problem by opening it past the bail trip...the momentum from the cast hasn't closed the bail on me once yet doing it this way...

I used mine for the first time last night. I almost always open the bail at the top of the rotation - that is, the point closest to my line finger. No problem at all with bail closures after 100 or so casts.

The reel performed nicely. It's very smooth. I only dunked it once but it didn't skip a beat.

any possibility of removing the bail on that reel?? do you think it can work. is there proper counter balance opposite the pick up?

When I get mine, I think the bail is the first thing coming off... Im just too used to reels with out a bail..

BC

BC, I removed the bail on my Neptune just to expirement. It's not hard at all and it works fine without the bail. Ultimately I replaced the bail I guess because I'm a creature of habit and have never really fished without a bail for any length of time. So yes you can remove the bail and yes it works without it.

Good luck,

KLE

BC, I removed the bail on my Neptune just to expirement. It's not hard at all and it works fine without the bail. Ultimately I replaced the bail I guess because I'm a creature of habit and have never really fished without a bail for any length of time. So yes you can remove the bail and yes it works without it.

Good luck,

KLE