Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big country

Pool Area help....Pavers etc..

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

SO, I was at my buddies house this wekeend and he just had his backyard re-done.. looks awesome. He had pavers al around his pool, new landscaping etc looked great and Im jealous.

My backyard is pretty cool I guess, but It needs to be updated. I have cement, then about 2 ft of brick around my pool (16x32) and a strip of wood between the brick and the edge of the pool. I want to replace the cement and the brick with pavers and run it right to the edge of the pool.

I have several questions.

-my liner is old but in good shape, should I change it? or is it easy enough to do after the pavers are in.

-does it pay for me to remove the cement and bricks before the guys lay the pavers? is that a big savings?

-Does anyone here do this kind of work and if so, would you be willing to come by and give an estimate?

thanks,

BC

You want something that will really stick out in your neighborhood. Have you ever heard of stamped concrete before ? I drive a cement mixer for a living and have done so many pool decks it would make your head spin in circles. There is a company out there that adds the color by hand so the can control the different colors better. They are without a doubt the best in the country. The different patterns they do is amazing. If you want a deck that looks like a Field of laid boulders. That's exactly what it looks like. Here is their web site if you want to take a look at there work.

So, If doing the whole kit and kaboodle is too much, I can do the pavers one year and when the liner is shot do that without much additional cost?

Sounds good to me. I gotta check out that stamped concrete stuff..

Can anyone recommend someone on long island who is reliable, good and doesnt charge an arm and a leg?

BC