Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
levari

I was a victim of a blitz by the ....

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

many people do not know

"¢ Obstruction of view. Nothing is allowed around the rearview mirror of a motor vehicle, that means no graduation tassels, religious articles, dice, handicapped placards or air fresheners. Title 39, Obstruction of windshield for vision. "Handicapped placards are used for parking uses," said Rentenberg, "and should be put away when driving. Before I became a cop, I put my graduation tassel around my rearview mirror, which is technically illegal."

Christopher Struben, a defense attorney in private practice in Linden and a former Woodbridge municipal prosecutor for five years, said view-of-obstruction tickets are commonly given out by police at night. "It's more difficult to see at night," he said. "The ticket can be issued any time of the day, but I've seen them given more commonly at night."

The view-of-obstruction violation also includes anything that is on the dashboard or in the back window. Some people put stuffed animals in their back window.

What about the license plate mounted EZpass transponder.

View Postsounds awesome. I got a ticket a little while ago because my license plate frame was blocking "The Garden State." rolleyes.gif

im gonna guess that thats not the reason you got pulled over because i dont think thats a primary. I could be wrong though but he was probably letting you off for something by giving you a non moving violation. they are a lot better than points and ps i would have definatly said something to him about bumping you he prolly would have been so embarrassed if u said something that he would rip it up lol.

-Matt

View Postim gonna guess that thats not the reason you got pulled over because i dont think thats a primary. I could be wrong though but he was probably letting you off for something by giving you a non moving violation. they are a lot better than points and ps i would have definatly said something to him about bumping you he prolly would have been so embarrassed if u said something that he would rip it up lol.

-Matt

I don't think they can rip it as each ticket has a serial number. I addition another police car was watching. If he rips it off he will have to explain. You are right, he did not stop me for it, he stopped me because I took a short cut through a lot that used to be a gas station. No sign suggests "do not enter" or "no trespassing". In addition there is also a public phone on this lot. I am not sure what kind of moving violation taking a short cut.

View Posthe stopped me because I took a short cut through a lot that used to be a gas station. I am not sure what kind of moving violation taking a short cut.

I believe its "Avoiding an intersection" which is a 2 point moving violation. Hopefully a LE on the board can correct me if wrong.

I was out fishing last sunday am early with my buddy, we left spot one for spot two at 2 am. At 2:15 we hit Dunkin donuts for a coffee and a local officer was already there. We got are stuff and headed back out, only to be pulled over three miles down the road. The officer ask where we had been and we said fishing, he asked about the coffee and which DD we just left, he saw that we were driving with ubstructed veiw, and gave us a ticket, three rods on the front of the rack and thats it. Oh and a coffee roll on the dash. Seems having rods in place on the front of your vehicle is ubstructing your veiw, whats next, tickets for having sand on your boots, making it a unsafe condition to stop? He is going to fight it, I think it was just a reason to pull us over, and raise the municiple fund during the quiet time of night.

About a two years ago I got nailed at a checkpoint for having my plate "improperly displayed". A few days before I hit a deer and had to place the plate up on the dash board. What really got my back up was that the guy behind behind didnt have ANY plates and sailed on by!!!!

KOQ is correct on the short cut ticket = avoiding an intersection or traffic signal citation.

This month NJ has announced that they are gong to crack down on traffic violations, and yes you will get a lot of ridiculous tickets until the people writing the tickets stop getting pressure from above.

Every ticket has an option of appealing it and or appearing in court. With the amount of tickets being handed out and paid without fuss, it will not be worth the townships time or money to see most of the tickets out in court.

The worst part is that the tickets are to "spread safety awareness" (raise money), but it between gas and other increased costs of travel, many of the tickets are just one more thing that will reduce tourism and further drowned the small beach towns that make NJ famous.

if you don't already I would also buckle-up, because many states have changed laws so that they can pull you over for it and not just add it on as a secondary citation.

View Post You are right, he did not stop me for it, he stopped me because I took a short cut through a lot that used to be a gas station. I am not sure what kind of moving violation taking a short cut.

View PostI believe its "Avoiding an intersection" which is a 2 point moving violation. Hopefully a LE on the board can correct me if wrong.

View PostKOQ is correct on the short cut ticket = avoiding an intersection or traffic signal citation.

This being the case, the officer actually did you a favor.

View PostThis being the case, the officer actually did you a favor.

I am not sure there is such a violation "avoid an intersection". Here is a list of all NJ codes:

http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/mcs...2/complete.pdf

Show me the the code,

Favor? Are you kiddin' me? If he was giving me a warning then I would agree. Don't forget, he hit my car from behind and he did not call the "cops" or reported this incident which he is obigated by law. Accidents must be reported to the police regardless if there is a damage or not. What do you think he would have done if I was hitting his car from behind? Do you think he would have done me a favor like my favor to him not making a federal case out of it?wink.gif

Like I said, I believed that "avoiding an intersection," or something to that effect was a moving violation. I made the comment based on a similar ticket a friend of mine got.

I also believe that accidents with no injuries and property damage under a certain threshold (at one time $750) do not need to be reported. That may not be the case with LE vehicles, but otherwise I'm pretty confident that I'm correct.

He did you a favor. He could have given you a point ticket that you deserved, which would have had a higher fine plus the risk of additional premium to your insurance for a moving violation, instead, he gave you a lower ticket, that you probably didn't deserve, but has no points and a smaller fee.

And hitting a car from behind is not being considered a moving violation?

Anyway, if you can show me publication that show avoiding an intersection is a violation I will accept it.

Until then, let's go fishin'wink.gif

View PostI am not sure there is such a violation "avoid an intersection". Here is a list of all NJ codes:

http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/mcs/svbs_5-02/complete.pdfhttp://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/mcs/svbs_5-02/complete.pdf

Show me the the code,

Favor? Are you kiddin' me? If he was giving me a warning then I would agree. Don't forget, he hit my car from behind and he did not call the "cops" or reported this incident which he is obigated by law. Accidents must be reported to the police regardless if there is a damage or not. What do you think he would have done if I was hitting his car from behind? Do you think he would have done me a favor like my favor to him not making a federal case out of it?wink.gif

Your link didn't work. wink.gif The motor vehicle laws are under Title 39, and the book is about three inches thick. I dont recall the exact statute number, but KOQ is right, there is one for cutting through a parking lot to avoid an intersection, and I believe it's considered a violation involving points. Thus, not only a fine, but a likely increase in insurance rates. If you felt that strongly about the whole thing, I would have had the officer call, or you do so yourself, for a superviser to respond to take an accident report (most departments require that, when an officer is involved in an accident, no matter how minor).

You chose not to do so, and instead, cry on a message board how you were wronged. Grab a tissue, dry your eyes, and pay the fine.wink.gif If it happens again, do what most people would do, have an accident report made out, and fight the ticket. It might take a few hours for a court apperance, but I'll bet you would beat the ticket...smile.gif

View PostYour link didn't work. wink.gif The motor vehicle laws are under Title 39, and the book is about three inches thick. I dont recall the exact statute number, but KOQ is right, there is one for cutting through a parking lot to avoid an intersection, and I believe it's considered a violation involving points. Thus, not only a fine, but a likely increase in insurance rates. If you felt that strongly about the whole thing, I would have had the officer call, or you do so yourself, for a superviser to respond to take an accident report (most departments require that, when an officer is involved in an accident, no matter how minor).

You chose not to do so, and instead, cry on a message board how you were wronged. Grab a tissue, dry your eyes, and pay the fine.wink.gif If it happens again, do what most people would do, have an accident report made out, and fight the ticket. It might take a few hours for a court apperance, but I'll bet you would beat the ticket...smile.gif

I fixed the link to the title 39 rules. It was not a parking lot. It used to be a very succesful gas station until the land owner wanted to triple the rent. Now there is no gas station and just an empty lot with a sign for rent. I thought the story was funny with the goofy cop hitting my car from behind while giving me a ticket. I already paid the fine and if it's happened again I will let the cop off the hook again and I will pay the fine again. Instead of wasting my time in court I can get few good hours fishing.wink.gif