Who is breaking the rules?

Rate this topic

Niffty

View PostHmm, insults coming from a guy who doesn't return my PM??

Shoebombertongue.gif

Bill,

I have to order some stuff and your work# has been changed I guess...

Can I call the houde one of these evenings and if so, when's a good time?

Thanks!

p.s. I doubt Eddie's feeling my... from here.

Remember, I'm Jewish!!biggrin.gif

Hey John, I thought that was the Irish curse cwm27.gifcwm27.gif

I've been thinking. (No comments from the peanut gallery)

It seems that most of us agree that what's going on is not good. I firmly believe that if the current behavior continues we will lose all or most access. None of us want that. Instead of bickering on message boards, why don't we try to find a course of action that we can all (or at least most) agree on.

I have no problem with the petition, while many others do. I have no problem with LIBBA doing what they do. I just want to be able to fish in fishing areas. There are tons of places to let the kids go nuts in the surf.

Since we all want to keep our access, and fish when we go to these places we should work together and make something good happen.

I don't have any suggestions. If you do please chime in.

Hot dogs were invented in 1936 by Larry Hotdogs when he accidentally dropped a bag of prize-winning pig buttholes into his Dick Shaper Machine. :read:

Those who want to swim and sun have their areas to "play"

Those of us with 4x4's who like to fish, sleep and eat should be allowed our own area to "play" free of safety issues like little kids running all over the beach and swimming while we are throwing metal hooks in the water

I am quite sure that there are more beaches to swim and sun than to fish on.

How fast would you see a cop or ranger if we were to drive on one of their beaches full of people swimming and sunning and bust out a surf rod!!! But if you swim in a "fishing" only area you would have to make 15 calls to get a ranger down there to deal with the situation

Kind of like the bathrooms at a concert or ballgame I have seen many women use the mens room because the line in the ladies room is too long - no cops But if a guy where to use the ladies room there would be 50 cops dragging him out in cuffs

Fourx4ord,

Well put. I don't think that the ends is the issues here. I think it's the means. Although I feel differently than those who oopose the petition, I do feel that their concerns about it are valid. So let's fix the problem this whole thing is getting silly. I will fish in Queens tonight in a place where no one ever would even think of swimming. Not that it's an issue at night...

Hot dogs were invented in 1936 by Larry Hotdogs when he accidentally dropped a bag of prize-winning pig buttholes into his Dick Shaper Machine. :read:

I am hoping for a resolution to this issue. However, this has been a complaint for several years now and nothing has been done about it thus far. Perhaps the state needs to open West End 1 again. If everyone is so concerned about losing access you would think they would comply with the rules, but many don't like that idea and are refusing to do such. I am sure Larry and Chuck are trying to work at this, with the state as well as Babylon authorities, but they also know this has been an ongoing problem that is out of hand. They say enforcement is the issue as they need more help. Needless to say, if this is the issue then the state needs to find a solution. I agree with (4x4) the people who violate know they are violating the rules but don't seem to care, even though they have their own beaches, therefore the way I see it is then they can deal with the consequences that come with their actions, as from what I hear last weekend permits were being pulled and many received summons for court appearances. Remember the petiton is for the rules to be enforced, in other words its for fishing only in section 1 known as Sore Thumb owned by the state.

View PostCould bebiggrin.gif

4x4...

Handcuffs in the ladies room, eh?

Kinkycwm31.gif

Hmm I think there are better places than the ladies room for hand cuff though I hope this is not too "raw" for anyone out there It is not meant to be offensive laugh if you like disregard if you dont Someone once told me "don't sh1+ where you eat" LOL

View PostI am hoping for a resolution to this issue. However, this has been a complaint for several years now and nothing has been done about it thus far. Perhaps the state needs to open West End 1 again. If everyone is so concerned about losing access you would think they would comply with the rules, but many don't like that idea and are refusing to do such. I am sure Larry and Chuck are trying to work at this, with the state as well as Babylon authorities, but they also know this has been an ongoing problem that is out of hand. They say enforcement is the issue as they need more help. Needless to say, if this is the issue then the state needs to find a solution. I agree with (4x4) the people who violate know they are violating the rules but don't seem to care, even though they have their own beaches, therefore the way I see it is then they can deal with the consequences that come with their actions, as from what I hear last weekend permits were being pulled and many received summons for court appearances. Remember the petiton is for the rules to be enforced, in other words its for fishing only in section 1 known as Sore Thumb owned by the state.

These threads have been going on over a week, here and on the other site. Is there anything new to add to the discussion?

View Post

...But when I did, I was known to make #1 regularly--and even #2 when dire straits required it--in places other than my porta-potty wink.gif

Hah, the truth is out now! Ditch is a pisser and freely admits it.

Hooky bigeyes.gif

LIBBA 521 - MSA 521 - ASC Go Atlantic!

I think the issue isnt whos breaking the rules here but the enforcement of safety and major offences. The way i see it pretty much every time i go out is a few very visible and very easily enforcable things. For now ill just state what i saw Sat night. Guy walks off beach and leaves 5 plastic bags full of bait. (good for me free bait! and yes i took his trash away) Another person with 3 sandsharks laying on the beach cut up about 18 inches long. Speeding and tearing up the acess road. Surfers going off trail in "Fishing only" area. Schoolies being toss into a cooler. And about 10 people not airing down while i did that just go out and proceed to do 30mph where there are people and kids walking and playing. Its not hard to take a non police looking vehicle even if they were uniform to just drive around and give tickets....but they wont or cant. I take out what i bring in and most times more. follow the rules to not loose my privilage. and try to be informitive but most people just roll there eyes and dont care... unless i say "Hey ive seen DEC/cops around, i wouldnt do that" but even that doesnt work.

Having used the 4X4 beaches for both fishing and family recreation, I wanted to ask a few questions and raise a few points.

It seems to me that the problem is enforcement of the rules, as it has been on the same 4X4 areas for the last 20 years. The type of enforcement that would be required to do what is asked of the people on this board is expensive. Who here wants to pay for it?? How much extra should the state add on to the cost of the permit to cover the addition cost of the extra manpower to keep the other tax paying residents w/o fishing poles off the beaches in question? What is it worth to you guys to have the beach all to yourselves........... $250 per season........ maybe $500?

Did any of you stop to think that the soccer Moms in SUVs are subsidizing your access by buying permits? What percentage of the permits sold, are purchased by the people you are trying to keep off the 4X4 beaches? My guess is at least 50%, from what I saw between 1989 to 2002 (the years that I had permits.)

What would the cost of those permits be if the total costs of keeping those areas open to only fisherman who follow the rules is divided up between those that use it? Who would buy them then? As the costs go up less fishermen will pay for permits and the costs would go up higher each year as the amount of permit buyers drop off. Remember the expense of enforcing the rules will never go down, once people are employed for the job by the state they will be let go.

The present situation is not perfect, but it works for most of the people. I think the last thing you want to do is draw any attention to the fact that you are allowed access to these areas. There are more people who would like to see these areas shut down than remain open.

Freedom

I think that enforcement need not be on a full time basis. Pull some permits and hand out summons will suffice to get the word out. It is not expected to be perfect, but will be much better over a period of time. As for losing money those same people will be force to pay for beach use unless they opt for the empire pass which is $10 more than the 4 x 4 fishing permit.

Early to bed, early to rise, fish all day, make up lies. - unknown