Who is breaking the rules?

Rate this topic

Niffty

Since we are all very split on the petition and enforcement issue I am curious about something. I want to know if the people opposed to the enforcement of the rules are the ones breaking them, which is truly bad for all of us.

I signed the petition and put my name on it. You can hate for my opinion but I stand by what I believe in and I stand up to be counted for it. So if you take your kids and your dog and let them splash around in a no swimming area now's your chance to come clean.

I'm not accusing any one of anything. However, there has been a lot of suspicion about the ultimate goal of this petition. I am becoming suspicious of peoples' opposition to it.

If you don't want the rules enforced because you break them, be brave and tell us. I would respect your honesty if nothing else.

If you oppose the petition for reasons that you've already stated then good for you. I may not agree with you, but I'll still help you out if you'rs stuck in the sand.

Hot dogs were invented in 1936 by Larry Hotdogs when he accidentally dropped a bag of prize-winning pig buttholes into his Dick Shaper Machine. :read:

Before you take any action, try and think through every ramification of that action.

I'll give you a personal real life example. My wife has too many clothes in a closet. It is extra work for me to jam in my coat. I complain. She says, yes you are absolutely right, we must do something, lets take a weekend, empty every closet, decide what we need, donate what we don't, and hey, do you really need all that fishing stuff?

Your boy is going to be a big flop in Washington, and I can't wait till it happens.-Rocky Rhodes
Mccain is weak, lame and a poor choice for President-JimP

I should stay out of this be I just can't... I don't agree with a petition to force the state to enforce the rules. Let me say I don't use the thumb anymore and have not been there in a long time but feel you'll fare better by calling LIBBA and letting them take the lead that's what they do and there dam good at it. If LIBBA and/or MSA put up a petition for this I would sign it in a minute but I'm not going to agree or go along with someone who just comes out of left field because one day she couldn't fish her spot...Also let me say this because of some e-mails I've received none of them bad by the way that I'm not mad or pissed at anyone not even Silence this is not worth losing the many friends I've made over the years on the beach or here at SOL..This is my opinion....

As for this....If you don't want the rules enforced because you break them, be brave and tell us. I would respect your honesty if nothing else.

Yes everytime I drive out to Montauk and take a nap in my truck on the beach I'm breaking the rules..

Eddie

No Man Stands as Tall as When He Stoops to Help a Child...

View Post

Yes everytime I drive out to Montauk and take a nap in my truck on the beach I'm breaking the rules..

Eddie

Please do...

I'd rather have you driving home refreshed and alert than ehxuasted and possibly have an accident.

I'd like to keep you around for a while yet Ed!!

Proud to be a NERB and I have the shirts to prove it!!

View PostPlease do...

I'd rather have you driving home refreshed and alert than ehxuasted and possibly have an accident.

I'd like to keep you around for a while yet Ed!!

Thanks I can feel the love...heart.gif

Eddie

No Man Stands as Tall as When He Stoops to Help a Child...

this has probably been said in one of the many threads on the topic, but I, as a fisherman do not want sole responsibility for a particular area. turns a public place eletist

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.

View PostThanks I can feel the love..

Eddie

That's not love your feeling, it's his .....

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

View PostThat's not love your feeling, it's his .....

Hmm, insults coming from a guy who doesn't return my PM??

Shoebombertongue.gif

Bill,

I have to order some stuff and your work# has been changed I guess...

Can I call the houde one of these evenings and if so, when's a good time?

Thanks!

p.s. I doubt Eddie's feeling my... from here.

Remember, I'm Jewish!!biggrin.gif

Proud to be a NERB and I have the shirts to prove it!!

View Post

Eddie

If I'm not mistaken the permit rules state that you can stay on the beach for a max of 48 hours (at least it said that at one point). I don't think that NYS expects us to stay awake for 2 days straight.

Surf fishing is a multifaceted activity. It involves exploring, investigating, waiting, and yes sleeping. If sleeping in your truck is against the rules then the state should figure out something less contradictory.

I don't want to be a hypocrite, but I suppose I am. There are some rules that I don't care if people break. I don't break any of them because I don't want to lose my permit. That seems increasingly like paranoia on my part. I don't care if some one brings a six pack on the beach. I don't drink when I surfcast, and I respect the rules. Kids in the water is a safety issue. Plus there ain't any fish in the shallows when there are kids there.

This issue is not just about Sore Thumb. I had this problem twice in 2 trips at WE2.

Hot dogs were invented in 1936 by Larry Hotdogs when he accidentally dropped a bag of prize-winning pig buttholes into his Dick Shaper Machine. :read:

You people take yourselves far too seriously. No one gives a crap about you. Feel better....lol?

Your boy is going to be a big flop in Washington, and I can't wait till it happens.-Rocky Rhodes
Mccain is weak, lame and a poor choice for President-JimP

I don't break the rules any more because I don't live there any more.

But when I did, I was known to make #1 regularly--and even #2 when dire straits required it--in places other than my porta-potty wink.gif

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver