Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

What's your weekend plans?

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

Sorry Stuu...it had to be done...it was such a great Friday thread that I'm gonna start it each week until I can guilt you into doing it again wink.gif

I'm leaving this evening for a Cape Cod last hurrah. Meeting CharlieM and BrianZ up there. I'm gonna look for Mr. Stetzko, Flaptail, JPowers and Slipknot...and gonna try to hide from Bassmaster tongue.gifwink.gif

Things are starting to get interesting locally with daytime bites and mullet, rainfish and peanuts fleeing for their lives...mostly from stuff with teeth icon25.gif Cross your fingers and pray for sandeels smile.gif

What's your weekend plans?

TimS

staying home cleaning up from the last few trips to hatteras getitng ready for the big drum push the next few months. To scratch the fishig itch gonna sneak out and go pluggin in NJ early AM.

As wifey nixed my plans hammer-time.gif to join the boyz for a mans weekend in mecca, I'll most likely spend Sunday on my boat beating on those toothly little bastages, and hopefully finding some striped one's underneath.

Hitting the ocean side around 4:30 am tomorrow, hoping for some nice sized bass, some albies and less blues.

If that fails, trying the bay where I know their are fish, and too many blues.

I might have to have a bluefish sacrifice to set an example for his friends.

I'll be on the beach at dusk tonight. It's starting. wink.gif Tomorrow AM I'm thinking of taking the boat out and look for some weakfish. Tomorrow PM out to dinner with the wife then maybe an early Sunday morning on the beach.

Got to love the fall icon14.gif

Reminder to self: Put the crab traps out tonight smile.gif

Jumping in the boat and heading into Jamaica Bay, picking up a buddy and just going to toss plugs all day. Otw into the bay I will stop at a few areas and see if any Albies are feeling fiesty.

Fishing. Will be looking for your lights ( you know where). I'll be off to your left about 200 yards @ East/low.

If you run into Tony S, ask him to call me. He'll know why.

Sundeys my birhtday,but sister in law ruined the tradtional 2:30 am trip to RI for me,b$%ch frown.gif

The nerve of her to plan a party for her family on MY birthday!! redface.gif

Last year was one the best trips to RI too..Killer breachway fishin at its finest before first light,.then got to watch a bunch of googs fish an epic bluefish blitz,most of'em were in sneakers biggrin.gif

I'm gonna fish the local Monmouth Beach tournie as a guest, and finish gathering stuff for nexts weeks trip to Block island.

I have been doing very well in the dark, I just hope I can find them in monmouth Beach.

fish dusk 'til dawn...then when the sun's up i'll take my kids fishing...they want to look for the running man...at one spot we always see this guy with a 14' white g-rod (goog rod)...he takes about a 30' ( no exxageration!) running start with the rod behind him, comes to a dead stop, then casts, and runs from the waves...my kids can watch and laugh at this guy for hours...it brings joy to my elitist heart when my kids say"...Dad, that guy don't know what he's doing..."

My friends bachelor party biggrin.gif Six of us are trekking out to mecca to charter a boat for a last shot a some tuna... I KNOW what you're thinking and I've tried to convince him for the last three weeks to forget about the tuna and concentrate on stripers. But, he won't listen. Thankfully, we've got the hotel for 3 days so maybe I'll run into some of you crusty locals in the suds and have a few laughs.

Anyone down for a meeting at Liars?? wink.gif