Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marksharky

Magazine subscription prefrences?

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

I still get "The Fisherman"- its a habit I can't break. They are one of the few groups of people in the world without a website or even an Email address, it seems.

I like a local publication that was called South Jersey Angler. They changed the name to NJ Angler- by and large it's very well done, and focuses on the areas I fish in.

Sounds like I need a Saltwater fly fishing publication though...wink.gif

On The Water is my favorite. I also let my Fisherman - NJ edition lapse. The reports section was helpful but the articles seemed to get a little too repetitive after about seven years of subscribing. I did always look forward to the Surf Special Edition.

Tighter budget in the house forced me to nix some of my past mags, but I still (like most) get The Fisherman. My lunchtime reading usually.

But, in the past, I've subscribed to Salt Water Sportsman, In-Fisherman, and Musky Hunter...all of which I enjoyed thoroughly. I'll re-up with IF and MH somewhere down the road...

------------------

---- Facin' East, Darryl Z ----

---- Secretary - Shark River Surf Anglers ----

I used to subscribe to all the regional Fisherman mags. But you can get better reports on the internet, after a lifetime of reading the articles I feel that most are redundant, and worst of all, my issues show up several days after they were available on the newstand. Just resubscribed to Saltwater Sportsman. Some unreal mag subscription prices on Ebay. Thought I had a deal at 3 years for $20, til I saw it for half that price. Still haven't received any issues yet (reupped last month) frown.gif Western Outdoors is another great weekly rag/monthly mag. I used to fish in California, and Baja, no more..... But it is nice reading about it. Florida Sportsman is a great regional mag. Similar to Saltwater Sportsman, but a lot more content. The occasional hottie with a wahoo pic too. I have a subcription to Sportfishing....Gear Guide is the best and they have a very funny April issue, plus the bizzaro fishing articles. Sharks thru the Greenland ice, bottom fishing a 1000' down, etc. Based on this thread, I just signed up for On The Water. And I read the reports in Noreast Saltwater as soon as they come out. The price is right smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Triet (edited 01-23-2002).]