Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gaff & Release

Lami 1204 guide replacing

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Assuming you like the stock placement of the reel seat, and the grips, it'll be cheaper to have a re-wrap done instead of having a custom built.

As far as guides go---I like the Fuji BSVLG, and Al G likes the Hardaloy hi-frame. Mine has 5 guides starting at 50 mm and going down to a 16 mm, with a 16 mm ring on the tip. I'm not sure on the placement, Al can probably give you that using the hi-frames. Mine are spread somewhat evenly along the blank. As I recall---the factory rod has only 4 guides and they're spaced farther apart than I'd prefer.

Mine has 6 guides. I measured the spacing and it varies. The distance between guides is, from bottom to top,in inches: 17,14-1/2, 10-1/2, 8, and 7-1/2. The position of the reel seat is fine where it is. The butt is a little long but im just going to cut a few inches off the botton. So it looks like the re-wrap looks to be a good option. How many guides do you think i should have? What do you think the spancing should be? Thanks a lot for your advice.