Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J Powers

Accurate Twin Drag conventional reels ?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I'm reading an article about these reels and checked into their website at www.accuratefishing.com . The company makes a left-handed conventional , which has been my quest for about four years now. So, has anybody got any first hand info on these reels ? Gowge - you out there ? The reels are fairly expensive - over $ 300.00, so I'm looking to be sure before making the great leap of faith.

I'll be using the reel strictly for jigging the CC canal. Thanks in advance.

JP,

I'm not sure about the smaller stuff, or which model you are looking at, but I've used the 50's they have for both trolling and chunking tuna, and they are much better than the Penn Internationals, hands down. If their smaller reels are made with the same quality, they'll be a great reel.

------------------

John B

mako@bellatlantic.net

Man oh Man... the Holy Grail has been uncovered. JP, those look really nice. I to have been looking for a lefty for quite some time too.

Too bad there are no dealers listed I would love to hold one before making that kind of commitment.

Rooster

Rooster, yeh - that's what I'm thinking. The reels appear to have the two things I've been looking for - line capacity and gear ratio. It doesn't appear that they make a levelwind model but I'll struggle along with the thumb if necessary. The price is murder but the article/advertisment I'm reading is a rave. I'd like to get my hands on one.

It looks like the Boss Twin Drag 870 might do the trick.

[This message has been edited by J Powers (edited 06-15-2000).]

If you do go and jig with a Boss, please post a note as to how well it works. I've wondered whether a lever drag would be inherently inconvenient for jigging or not.

As far as the Boss reels go, the drags are - by the posts I read on the **** board - the best on the market. They have to go back to the plant for service, but the service is apparently good.